The Orville on Hulu

Star Trek was best when Roddenberry wasn't involved.

I have to disagree on that comment. Roddenberry was always making his writers rewrite scripts to remove the conflict, particularly among bridge personnel. This is why Star Trek gave us hope for a better future, back in the days we were afraid we'd be vaporized with about 30 minutes warning. Too many sci-fi shows are dystopian IMHO, with nonstop violence and destruction. (That's no moon!) We get enough depressive stories in real life.

Reactions: Jim S. and wormil
I didn't watch the episode yet either. But I read this spoiler.
Apparently Isaac unexpectedly turned off, sending the Orville to the Kaylon home world to find out what happened. There they discover over a billion skeletons of the organic race that created the Kaylons. Apparently the Kaylons killed them all, and now want to invade earth because they are running out of room.

Yeah, that. :D

Now you've done it. ;)

92a5d0f70472d2d0443b99b7b614bbd1.jpg

Ok, we just finished it. There was clear Cylon, Borg, Morlock (underground full of skeletons) and Galaxy Quest (Orville dragging Theta bombs) undertones. Loved it! It was GREAT!

It's the small details, like the "To Be Continued" text shown at the end of the episode too. The fact Orville was trending for a while on Twitter last night shows how many people were talking about it. In comparison, Discovery was not trending at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts