The Orville on Hulu

That is a very interesting scenario, Derwin. Let us suppose that young Kelly goes back with enough memory intact to refuse to date Ed a 2nd time. They never get close; they never marry; they never divorce. Ed gets his commission and leads the Orville, but his 2nd (young now older Kelly) was never married to him before. So they are free to start their romance without baggage. Did I lose any lose threads?
I actually though about that scenario happening. At least until it showed Young Kelly in the preview for next week.

Reactions: TheKrell
That is a very interesting scenario, Derwin. Let us suppose that young Kelly goes back with enough memory intact to refuse to date Ed a 2nd time. They never get close; they never marry; they never divorce. Ed gets his commission and leads the Orville, but his 2nd (young now older Kelly) was never married to him before. So they are free to start their romance without baggage. Did I lose any lose threads?
I had the same thought. They needed a way to reboot their romance. But why are they "dealing with the consequences" if they never knew any different it shouldn't matter right?

I actually though about that scenario happening. At least until it showed Young Kelly in the preview for next week.

I didn't see that preview for tomorrow. Why does the mere appearance of Young Kelly preclude the scenario you, I, and lakebum thought of?

I had the same thought. They needed a way to reboot their romance. But why are they "dealing with the consequences" if they never knew any different it shouldn't matter right?
Ed has been wanting to try again, but Kelly keeps putting him off.

How well do you think the Captain and the First Officer would be able to work if they were back to dating or even more, married again ?

Ed has been wanting to try again, but Kelly keeps putting him off.

How well do you think the Captain and the First Officer would be able to work if they were back to dating or even more, married again ?

Points well taken. But, we haven't seen the finale yet. Maybe both Ed and Kelly will be commanding their own starships at the end of S2.

That was a great way to end the season, with a proper 2-part time travel story.

Unfortunately, it could also be construed as a series finale, but hopefully Deadline was correct when they said it was expected to be renewed.

I want to say that every episode starting with S2, E8 "Identity" until the end of the season was good Star Trek. The bad news is that the season started off so horribly, with two extremely bad episodes that I think contributed to a massive drop in the live ratings. It began with 5.68 million and then lost half of its live audience after the premiere with that ridiculous Bortus pee storyline and the move to Thursday nights. There is a bit of a silver lining though. When you account for DVR viewing (Live+7), total average viewership is only a bit lower than last season (5.5 mil. vs. 6.5).

Still, it's concerning we haven't heard any news yet. If this show doesn't get renewed and Discovery still goes ahead with its planned third season, I guarantee there'll be a riot. And at this point, even if Orville does get the renewal, it's not coming back this year. Guaranteed Fall 2020 at the earliest, so unless The Expanse or Lost In Space fills the void in the meantime, it's going to be a long drought for sci-fi fans yet again.

Hurray Orville finally reached their promise from last season! Now will FOX renew on the promise that Orville can be a successful series

So, um . . . did it say with "Limited Commercials" or was that my imagination?! I swear that every time you took a breath there was a commercial . . . Otherwise, I loved it and yes there needs to be a Season 3, 4 ,5, 6 . . .

I have read that it was feared that this "attempt" would be "more farcical than accurate" and it also said that MacFarlane has a severe reverence and love for this vehicle and I think it's turning out very true to form and fits better than any other! Keep up the good work!!

Well, you'd have to define "Limited Commercials". To a provider, that might mean only 15, instead of 22...

You're right that it's subjective. But there were a lot compared to what I have experienced with other programs under the same implications. Like "Dead Class" and "Happy". But then that's NBC's and Foxes . . .

Very satisfied with this episode well done overall lots of good scenes good story-line makes me want more.
Have I mentioned how great Adrianne has been looking... :bounce

Reactions: TheKrell and Jimbo
That was a great way to end the season, with a proper 2-part time travel story.

Unfortunately, it could also be construed as a series finale, but hopefully Deadline was correct when they said it was expected to be renewed.

I want to say that every episode starting with S2, E8 "Identity" until the end of the season was good Star Trek. The bad news is that the season started off so horribly, with two extremely bad episodes that I think contributed to a massive drop in the live ratings. It began with 5.68 million and then lost half of its live audience after the premiere with that ridiculous Bortus pee storyline and the move to Thursday nights. There is a bit of a silver lining though. When you account for DVR viewing (Live+7), total average viewership is only a bit lower than last season (5.5 mil. vs. 6.5).

Still, it's concerning we haven't heard any news yet. If this show doesn't get renewed and Discovery still goes ahead with its planned third season, I guarantee there'll be a riot. And at this point, even if Orville does get the renewal, it's not coming back this year. Guaranteed Fall 2020 at the earliest, so unless The Expanse or Lost In Space fills the void in the meantime, it's going to be a long drought for sci-fi fans yet again.
Your thinking it won't return for a year and a half ?

IF thats the case, I hope everyone forgets about it ....
It's ridiculous enough that they have the long break from before Christmas till what Feb ?

So, um . . . did it say with "Limited Commercials" or was that my imagination?! I swear that every time you took a breath there was a commercial . . . Otherwise, I loved it and yes there needs to be a Season 3, 4 ,5, 6 . . .

I have read that it was feared that this "attempt" would be "more farcical than accurate" and it also said that MacFarlane has a severe reverence and love for this vehicle and I think it's turning out very true to form and fits better than any other! Keep up the good work!!
Yes, every episode has Limited Commercials ... Bitch'in ... thats probably the only reason ...
What I have found is there are less commercials in MOST breaks, like 2 instead of 3 ... typically you find 3 minutes of commercials per break, with the Orville you'll find early in the show theres only 2, then later in the show, say at the 45-50 minute point on the hour, you'll have like 5 or 6 and it seems like they take forever.

Now that Orville and Manifest are over for the season, I need ideas on something to get into that won't be being cancelled as soon as I invest in it.

Your thinking it won't return for a year and a half ?

Season 1 was from September 2017 to December 2017. (Renewed November 2017)
Season 2 was from January 2019 to April 2019 (technically December 30, but that's basically 2019).

So yeah, essentially 1 year and 4 months between season premieres (1 year, 2 months if you count from the renewal date). If FOX had renewed it back in Feb/March, then I could see them gearing up for a Jan 2020 premiere, but even if they get the renewal in May, then it puts them at about July 2020, and it would be odd airing it during the summer, which would mean they'd push it back to September 2020 at the minimum.