The Orville on Hulu

Still not confirmed that 3 will be the last season. Just unsubstantiated rumors from a single website.

That is correct. There seem to be some shenanigans going on right now. The person who wrote the article claiming The Orville had been cancelled, Emre Kaya, is the same person who also claimed that Star Trek Discovery had been renewed through Season 5, even though CBS hasn't officially confirmed that either (this is besides the point that Discovery's sets in Toronto have already been dismantled, so contrary to what Kaya said, the word going around right now is that Season 3 is Discovery's last, and the reshoots that are currently happening and delaying the release of Season 3 until October are specifically being done to wrap everything up in a series finale, instead of a season-ending cliffhanger, as was originally the case).

What's even more absurd is that as shown in that article you linked to Osu, one of Orville's producers, Tom Costantino, responded on Twitter saying there's no truth to Kaya's post about Orville's cancellation. Kaya then responded back saying to not believe Costantino and to wait for an Orville producer to say that the show hasn't been cancelled... except... Costantino is an Orville producer.

Now, take this however you see fit, but this Kaya person seems to have his own extreme leftist political agenda which aligns with Kurtzman's, so... I don't know if CBS or Kurtzman himself is involved in getting Kaya to circulate these rumors, but it wouldn't surprise me. CBS has done a lot of things over the past 3 years to disrespect the Star Trek fanbase. Or maybe Kaya himself just doesn't like the fact Orville is much more well-received by Star Trek fans than Discovery, Picard and anything else Secret Hideout has pumped out under the official Star Trek branding.

Even if Orville was going to be cancelled, we wouldn't hear about it until close to the end of the new season having been aired, at the very earliest, because at that point Hulu would then have the ratings information on how well the season has performed for them, to be able to come to a concrete decision on if the viewership numbers would justify the costs in producing another season.

For the record though, I'm still not a fan of Orville going exclusively to Hulu. It should be on network television, either primetime or a cable net like Syfy. Actually, that brings up a good point. Now that Seth is partnering with NBCU, maybe he can eventually get Orville on there, plus fix the broken mess that channel has turned into, ever since Comcast/NBC took it over.

That is correct. There seem to be some shenanigans going on right now. The person who wrote the article claiming The Orville had been cancelled, Emre Kaya, is the same person who also claimed that Star Trek Discovery had been renewed through Season 5, even though CBS hasn't officially confirmed that either (this is besides the point that Discovery's sets in Toronto have already been dismantled, so contrary to what Kaya said, the word going around right now is that Season 3 is Discovery's last, and the reshoots that are currently happening and delaying the release of Season 3 until October are specifically being done to wrap everything up in a series finale, instead of a season-ending cliffhanger, as was originally the case).

What's even more absurd is that as shown in that article you linked to Osu, one of Orville's producers, Tom Costantino, responded on Twitter saying there's no truth to Kaya's post about Orville's cancellation. Kaya then responded back saying to not believe Costantino and to wait for an Orville producer to say that the show hasn't been cancelled... except... Costantino is an Orville producer.

Now, take this however you see fit, but this Kaya person seems to have his own extreme leftist political agenda which aligns with Kurtzman's, so... I don't know if CBS or Kurtzman himself is involved in getting Kaya to circulate these rumors, but it wouldn't surprise me. CBS has done a lot of things over the past 3 years to disrespect the Star Trek fanbase. Or maybe Kaya himself just doesn't like the fact Orville is much more well-received by Star Trek fans than Discovery, Picard and anything else Secret Hideout has pumped out under the official Star Trek branding.

Even if Orville was going to be cancelled, we wouldn't hear about it until close to the end of the new season having been aired, at the very earliest, because at that point Hulu would then have the ratings information on how well the season has performed for them, to be able to come to a concrete decision on if the viewership numbers would justify the costs in producing another season.

For the record though, I'm still not a fan of Orville going exclusively to Hulu. It should be on network television, either primetime or a cable net like Syfy. Actually, that brings up a good point. Now that Seth is partnering with NBCU, maybe he can eventually get Orville on there, plus fix the broken mess that channel has turned into, ever since Comcast/NBC took it over.
Seth is partnering with NBC ?

Well, thats a death note for the Orville.

How is Hulu, who just took over for Fox, taking this info, wouldn't it come down to when and where it would be shown on ?
Is Hulu and NBC somehow tied together ?

Seth is partnering with NBC ?

Well, thats a death note for the Orville.

How is Hulu, who just took over for Fox, taking this info, wouldn't it come down to when and where it would be shown on ?
Is Hulu and NBC somehow tied together ?

Comcast NBCU technically still owns part of Hulu. Disney took full operational control but Comcast still licenses content to Hulu thru 2023. Disney can exercise their option to buy in January 2024 or Comcast can exercise it before then for a lower amount..

Orville would probably still be on network tv if they reigned in the extreme and poorly written (and frankly dumb) social commentary. Half the show was fun, and half was in your face + stupid. Learn some subtlety.

Comcast NBCU technically still owns part of Hulu. Disney took full operational control but Comcast still licenses content to Hulu thru 2023. Disney can exercise their option to buy in January 2024 or Comcast can exercise it before then for a lower amount..
I thought somewhere someone said that Att also had connections with Hulu.

Orville would probably still be on network tv if they reigned in the extreme and poorly written (and frankly dumb) social commentary. Half the show was fun, and half was in your face + stupid. Learn some subtlety.
Orville would still be on Network if they had shown episodes continuously , instead of showing a few weeks then take 3 weeks off then show another episode and take more time off.

Reactions: DialgaChampion
Seth MacFarlane wants to kill off Ed Mercer in the season 3 finale and depart the series. Hulu doesn't want him to go. Seems to me a good writer could finesse this problem and continue into season 4 without MacFarlane if he really wants out. He's not the only good producer in the country.

• Sad
Reactions: primestar31
Seth MacFarlane wants to kill off Ed Mercer in the season 3 finale and depart the series. Hulu doesn't want him to go. Seems to me a good writer could finesse this problem and continue into season 4 without MacFarlane if he really wants out. He's not the only good producer in the country.

Way to go Seth, you wanted to make this new show the Orville in your own way, you did, now that you have a following and thru 2 seasons, you want to walk away ?
Star Trek never ended a series after 2 years and you wanted this to be your ST.

Go ahead and kill off your guy and give the reins to Kelli Grayson, your Ex Wife whom you don't get along with anyways.

Reactions: TheKrell
Go ahead and kill off your guy and give the reins to Kelli Grayson, your Ex Wife whom you don't get along with anyways.

I don't know about Greyson, but the "finesse" I was suggesting above was using the fact that this is SF to use his personal exit as a way to simply switch bodies, while leaving Ed Mercer alive. The character continues.

I don't know about Greyson, but the "finesse" I was suggesting above was using the fact that this is SF to use his personal exit as a way to simply switch bodies, while leaving Ed Mercer alive. The character continues.
I think it's childish for Mc Farland to do this with something that he's always wanted to do.

Yes, there are plenty of other people than could step in and continue the show, but then it's not McFarlands show.

Way to go Seth, you wanted to make this new show the Orville in your own way, you did, now that you have a following and thru 2 seasons, you want to walk away?

The whole reason Orville even exists and is doing so well in the ratings is because it's the closest thing we've gotten to actual Star Trek since Enterprise was cancelled in 2005 by that CBS idiot Moonves.

I can't believe Seth is stupid enough to want out this early into the show's tenure. Fine, if he doesn't want to do it anymore, sign over the rights, contract and licensing fees to Brannon Braga and let him continue it. Or pull in Rick Berman, Ronald D. Moore or Bryan Fuller.

Regardless, this show NEEDS to survive and continue, at the very least until CBS/Paramount either get their heads out of their you-know-what and return the actual Star Trek franchise back to the way it used to be, or they sell the franchise to someone else who will do just that. :mad

We're coming up to 2 and 1/2 years between the end of Season 2 and the upcoming start of Season 3.

No one's going to remember this show, let alone the lore that's been built up through the first two seasons, especially if this remains a streaming-only exclusive. With all the delays and lockdowns, you'd think some cable network would at least consider airing it during Fall 2021, to fill gaps in their scheduling. At the very least, give it more exposure instead of locking it to Hulu. :mad:

We're coming up to 2 and 1/2 years between the end of Season 2 and the upcoming start of Season 3.

No one's going to remember this show, let alone the lore that's been built up through the first two seasons, especially if this remains a streaming-only exclusive. With all the delays and lockdowns, you'd think some cable network would at least consider airing it during Fall 2021, to fill gaps in their scheduling. At the very least, give it more exposure instead of locking it to Hulu. :mad:
You can always go on to Hulu and watch the 1st 2 seasons to refresh yourself as to whats going on ....
Then again, I was hoping you were posting that there was a New Air Date being released.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts