The Outdoor Channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

phoenix94

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2006
I've got my new (to me anyway) Pansat 2500A hooked up to my DSR 920, 10' Unimesh dish, and Chapperal C-Band Feedhorn and lnb. I'm getting some channels but the main one I want is The Outdoor Channel on G0. It is on Lyngsat as free. I can't get it doing blind scan (what is the correct setting for my c-band lnb in Antenna Setup?)

Is anyone getting it? If so what might I be doing wrong? Thanks.

If you are new to this, and I think you are? You need to have the 920 on a horizontal polarity channel. In this case, on the G10 satellite, the even channels are horizontal polarity. When you do a scan with the Pansat, watch the meter as it scans the H = horizontal scale, when it's over, change the channel on the 920 remote to an odd # channel, while continuing to watch the meter on the Pansat, which should now be on the V = vertical scale. When it's over, change the channel on the 920 remote back to an even channel, while watching the TP = transponder readings at the bottom of the page, it will have an H next to it. When it changes to a V, change the channel on the 920 to an odd channel to finish off the scan. When it's complete, you should have channels to watch, including 4 Outdoor channels, 2 for east and 2 for west, and of those 2 will be regular audio and 2 will be AC-3 audio.
Just remember to watch a channel, your 920 will have to be on the correct polarity for the channel you want to watch. It will seem like a pain, because you have to stay with it, and watch it, but in the long run, it's worth it. Hope this explanation isn't to confusing and you can get it to work? Enjoy!

Al

The Outdoor Channel was there as recently as Friday night.

I assume you have tapped into the C-band LNB's IF using a splitter, and routed that to the IF in of the Pansat. The DRS is controling both dish position and LNB polarity. Make sure your DSR is tuned to a horizontal transponder on G-10 (G0)when you blind scan with the Pansat.

If I recall correctly the default LNB setting for G-10/c on your PANSAT ("STANDARD") will work with your setup.

Edit - Basicly what Voom said

Last edited:
I've got the Pansat hooked to the 920 just by the loop-through on the pansat. I move the dish via the 920, shut it off, and then do the scan with the pansat.

If you shut the 920 off, how do you change the polarity? If I remember correctly, when you shut off the 920, it will go into default for one polarity or the other. Don't know which one? Obviously, it's not the one you want for G10?
I'm not familier with the 2500a, if it's like the 3500s, it has a polarity controller on the back of it, If you are using this controller, you shouldn't be having any problems with scanning? Guessing you are using the 920 to control your polarity, I would leave the 920 on.

Al

Set your lnb settings to single,(I think) to know for sure, it should say 5150 below your choices, that will take care of all cband and I agree with Al, let Your 920 control Your polarity it will
save You some headaches for sure.

Thank you for your responses guys. I' ve tried them and still, No Outdoor Channel. I'm reasonably sure my system is tuned well as I get plenty of digital C-Band channels. It is probably my unfamiliarity with the 2500A, but danged if I can figure out what I'm doing wrong:(

Tried all of the above, still not getting it. When I do a blind scan on GO I get about three channels, gospel singing and bluegrass. But I'm not getting the Outdoor Channel.

Last edited:
phoenix94 said:
Tried all of the above, still not getting it. When I do a blind scan on GO I get about three channels, gospel singing and bluegrass. But I'm not getting the Outdoor Channel.

The three channels you are receivng are vertical polarity. The Outdoor Channel is horizontal polarity. Are you receiving channels on both polarities on your DSR 920?

Yes, and I'm getting horizontal channels on the 2500 too on other satellites.

Yes, I tried that, doesn't seem to make any difference whether the 920 is off or on, or if it is on an odd channel or an even one, the 2500 downloads the same channels. Just not The Outdoor Channels I want:(

I've got the Pansat hooked to the 920 just by the loop-through on the pansat. I move the dish via the 920, shut it off, and then do the scan with the pansat.

i had mind loop through on my 922 and could never get the outdoor channel on my Cs5000. so i got the Hf spliters and used the Diseqc swtch and bingo the outdoor channels scan in aok now

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts