The Pirates (and Ron Simmons)...

fhsucade07

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2007
WOW! The Pirates are now 3-0 and I must admit (even in the early stages of the season) that I am impressed.

As Ron Simmons might say....

DAMN!!

Cade

I am rooting for the pirates... The story of Salomon Torres is a good one.

It is a good story. Plus, I'm ready for change. I'd like to see the Pirates, Brewers, or Reds win the division (or at least make the playoffs with the Wild Card). IMHO, the Cardinals don't look quite so mighty right now (yes, I know it's still early). In regards to Torres, it is a good story. I never really thought all of the blame should have been placed squarely on his shoulders for what happened in San Francisco (I think that is what you are referring to, if not, just type his name along with Wikipedia and it's got all of the details). Just my opinion...

Cade

Glad I'm not the only one to bring out the Ron Simmons reference in posts :)

(for the uninformed, Ron Simmons is a former pro wrestler who now is used in the WWE on a very limited basis. Something happens (usually backstage) and he walks in, surveys the situation and emphatically says "DAMN". Does it once a show)

Glad I'm not the only one to bring out the Ron Simmons reference in posts :)

(for the uninformed, Ron Simmons is a former pro wrestler who now is used in the WWE on a very limited basis. Something happens (usually backstage) and he walks in, surveys the situation and emphatically says "DAMN". Does it once a show)

I miss the DOOM and APA days.

I love the beginning of the Pirates season so far, but in reality and going through 14 losing seasons in a row, it's way to early.

Hopefully my Buccos will get a winning reacord this year, then everyone in Pittsburgh will finally forget about Sid Bream and Francisco Cabrera.

actually it was "The Crock" and he just came from the bathroom (and boy you could smell what the Crock was cooking) :D

Yeah that's it, I couldn't remember the name they used. Nowadays I just ffwd through Raw till I see anything good, normally I don't.

I don't even watch Smack down anymore, it just got terrible, I miss the WWF vs. WCW Monday night wars days.:(

Yeah that's it, I couldn't remember the name they used.
IIRC...it was
The Crock (HHH)-The Rock
B-Low (road dog)-D Low Brown
Kama (Billy Gunn)-Kama (aka the godfather)
Mizark Henry (X-Pac)-Mark Henry
Owen Hart (Jason Sensation)-Owen Hart

Nowadays I just ffwd through Raw till I see anything good, normally I don't.
you and me both
I don't even watch Smack down anymore, it just got terrible,
Smackdown isnt half bad. But sicne they moved to Firday's its tough to see it..to busy watching other stuff
I miss the WWF vs. WCW Monday night wars days.:(
ditto :)

Attachments

• 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 189
Those WERE the days. I can vividly recall the DX / Nation of Domination fued. I also miss the WWF / WCW Monday Night Wars and am curious: Does anybody have (or has anybody watched) the DVD that the WWE released a few years ago about the Monday Night Wars?

I can also remember, after the "Bret Hart screwjob", seeing Rick Rude on RAW the next night but flipping over moments later (to Nitro) to see a more clean-cut Rick Rude describing the screwjob to the Nitro fans. Since then, though, things have gotten sort of stagnant and don't really seem to be going anywhere. I wasn't the biggest Trish fan in the world (although I liked her), but I noticed where she had said on one program that it just didn't seem to be fun (the way the storylines were drawed up) anymore. That one match at Wrestlemania (Ashley-Melina) could have sure used Trish because Ashley just wasn't on that night (nor was Melina) and that sucked. For the past couple of years, though, I can remember the greatest matches in most Wrestlemanias (in my opinion) being the Money in the Bank ladder match (since it started three years ago).

Cade

Yeah after "The best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be" left the WWF I lost most of my interest.

Me too. I thought Hart brought a lot to the table but I think WCW didn't use him in the best ways possible. Maybe it was because Hogan was calling most of the shots, but I think Hart could have been the deciding factor in the wrestling wars (had he been used appropriately).

Cade

Those WERE the days. I can vividly recall the DX / Nation of Domination fued. I also miss the WWF / WCW Monday Night Wars and am curious: Does anybody have (or has anybody watched) the DVD that the WWE released a few years ago about the Monday Night Wars?
yep I have it. Really well put together considering Bischoff was on it. At the time though I was a ECW fan (the orignal ECW...not that Velocity crap that they are trying to pass as ECW)

I can also remember, after the "Bret Hart screwjob", seeing Rick Rude on RAW the next night but flipping over moments later (to Nitro) to see a more clean-cut Rick Rude describing the screwjob to the Nitro fans.
reason was the RAW was taped a week earlier (remember those??)
For the past couple of years, though, I can remember the greatest matches in most Wrestlemanias (in my opinion) being the Money in the Bank ladder match (since it started three years ago).

Cade

so true. MITB was pretty good this year. Funniest segment was Trump no-selling the Boogeyman and asking the Boogeyman to get him a sandwich.

And why did they change the name of Finley's little guy from "Little Bastard" to Hornswaggle?? It was funny hearing "Little Bastard" on network TV :D

I'm going to buy that DVD!! It was so funny hearing Little Bastard on network television every week... They change so many things that seem to be working...

I can remember when RAW was taped as compared to Nitro being live (which, as you explained, is the reason behind the Rick Rude incident). I can remember the announcers on Nitro (at the beginning of the program) saying stuff like, "Let's see what we have this week... Well, we have Goldust and Jake Roberts with Goldust on top..." They DID say that at the start of one of the shows one time. Mick Foley also talks about it in his first book (Have A Nice Day).

I'm with you... The original ECW simply can not be beat. I have the ECW DVD that WWE put out several years ago (The Rise and Fall of ECW). Honestly, I kind of like Kevin Thorn and CM Punk right now and am curious how they may have fared in the old ECW.

One of the greatest ECW moments, in my opinion, was the "Hardcore" interview segments with Mick Foley and the shoot interview that Steve Austin did on the show at one point. "Stunning? Tossed it out the window. Never was meant to be...."

Cade

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts