Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I just need to rant a little bit

I have worked with 6 different FTA receivers now and there is one thing that really bugs me.

When you have the radio portion on, why can’t the receiver have a screen saver or be a black screen? Every receiver I have has something on the screen

-Pansat has the channel label on all the time
-Coolsat has the channel label and a background picture of a radio
-Viacast has a black screen but the big channel banner at the bottom and the channel name in the middle
-KUSat has the banner and a big “KUSAT 2600A in the middle of the screen
-The Microyal has the channel banner and a background picture
-The Satwork had a banner (I cant remember)

Why is it so hard to have a channel banner for 5 seconds and then just a black screen? If we have a bigger TV, burn in might happen. I only have a 32” TV, but the label at the bottom is really annoying

Just my .03

I agree with you. A screen saver would have been better. If you have A/V receiver, you can listen to the audio part using that and turn the TV off.

My satworks 3618 displays a musical note symbol on the screen, and the pansat displays the channel bar. This is particularly annoying to me because i listen to the radio/audio a LOT esp. in the summer. To prevent "burn in" i end up turning off the tv, since all audio from my FTA reciever is routed into my audio receiver. BTW burn in isnt limited to large tv's ;-)

the problem that I have is I use it at the lake (ghetto hook up a dish) and the big screen (the OLD big screen) has a pair of audio cables over to the bar area (where the receiver is) and thats a 20 foot run or so.....

I just want a black screen...

one thing I noticed about my KUsat, is the time doesnt change whil listening to the radio unless you channel up/down or hit "info" (it does correct itself when you turn it off too)

Sadoun said:
I agree with you. A screen saver would have been better. If you have A/V receiver, you can listen to the audio part using that and turn the TV off.

the only issue is one set of a/v plugs and that goes to the VCR :)

I'll have to get some audio splitters for that...or a distribution box :)

I too was wondering why no screensaver... So I guess NONE of the FTA receivers have one...

Funny thing is, all D* recievers I've seen (and probably the E* ones too, never saw one in action) display a screen saver on the audio channels. So its certainly possible for them to have that feature on FTA receivers as well...

Tron

I have a Topfield 3200IR that i use only to listen to music on echo 7
It has a couple of screen savers like the ones on the old direct tv recievers.
I dont have it plugged into a tv though, only speakers..

Agree Ice. I would think it would be posible to do with flashable units.
an email address from the Fortec site to put in a request.
tech_support@fortecstar.com

I just put this request in to see what happens

Iceberg said:
I just need to rant a little bit

I have worked with 6 different FTA receivers now and there is one thing that really bugs me.

When you have the radio portion on, why can’t the receiver have a screen saver or be a black screen? Every receiver I have has something on the screen

-Pansat has the channel label on all the time
-Coolsat has the channel label and a background picture of a radio
-Viacast has a black screen but the big channel banner at the bottom and the channel name in the middle
-KUSat has the banner and a big “KUSAT 2600A in the middle of the screen
-The Microyal has the channel banner and a background picture
-The Satwork had a banner (I cant remember)

Why is it so hard to have a channel banner for 5 seconds and then just a black screen? If we have a bigger TV, burn in might happen. I only have a 32” TV, but the label at the bottom is really annoying

Just my .03

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts