Division Series

Yankees vs Twins
Red Sox vs A's

National League

Division Series

Marlins vs Giants
Cubs vs Braves

----------------------

In the NL the Cubs are a dangerous team if Prior and Woods pitch like R. Johnson and C. Chilling did for Arizona in 2001. I still go with the Braves to win the series in 5. MVP will be C. Jones.

The Giants and Marlins will be a fight to the finish. James do not be dissapointed if the Marlins upset the Giants. It could happen but I do not see how. So, I am taking the Giants. MVP will be Bonds (no doubt).

In the AL, it is very difficult to predict the outcome since the teams seem to be even more than the NL. I will only take the Yankees over the Twins because it looks like they have better pitching (but remember what happened in 2002). I still say that the Twins can surprise them and take it from them. I'll take the Twins over in 5. MVP will be Santana.

The A's have the edge over the Red Sox because of the pitching. I will be surprised if the Red Sox can sustain the same hitting over the playoffs. Somebody needs to take some of these hitters down so that they don't crowd the plate. Also, the Bambino curse might hunt the Sox. So A's in 5. MVP Tejada.

By the way, I am a Yankee fan but I have seen the way the Yankees have played over the season. Yes, they want their division but it was not pretty and they lack the fire to win it all. So I am eliminating them in the first round and not put my hopes very high on them like last year. Above all I love baseball and this will be a very interested playoffs with no doubt.

If you have listened to Art Bell you know he believes in mass meditation to make things happen. To that end, if you do not have your favorite team in post season, I ask for all of you to "Will" the Cubs and Red Sox to be in the World Series. If it were to happen it could be a once ever event!!

Tampa8 said:
If you have listened to Art Bell you know he believes in mass meditation to make things happen. To that end, if you do not have your favorite team in post season, I ask for all of you to "Will" the Cubs and Red Sox to be in the World Series. If it were to happen it could be a once ever event!!

A lot of the networks want this (especially Fox). Look what Fox did, they put the cubs/braves series in primetime and dumb the yankees/twins series. As a matter of fact, I think I heard that if the Cubs make it to the second round, Fox again will not hesitate to put them in primetime. Personally, I do not care. I do not like to listen to Joe Buck Tim McCarver analyzing the Yankees. I most of the time watch the games with "mute" button on.

MLB also are out their minds in putting Game 1: BOS @ OAK, WED at 10:00pm ET. Who in their right mind will watch this game on the East Coast?

I am sure John.

Look what happened today. I was not able to see the game but I heard a lot of the post game commentaries. These Yankees have been a let down all season long and today they showed their true colors. First defense and then hitting.

In the season their mentality has been "home run" all the time. They do not know how to hit line drives and play "small ball". I just wish the Twins take them out their missery and sweep them! They are a pathetic bunch starting with Jason Giambi.

Did you see those bums walk Bonds with two outs?
This is one of the reasons why baseball sucks. You can't avoid the stars head to head in foorball.

you they blew it - actually you can't really say you blew it if you don't score. Still a few more games to settle this. We are the underdog but I still think we have a chance, regardless Marlins had a much better year than most anyone expected

Braves are out
Giants are out

New Boys in town in the NL... CUBs and Marlins

James, it must have been a big loss but you need to give credit to the Marlins. They played a hard series to a great opponent. I never thougth that SF would come back in the last game and I thought J.T. Snow was slow in breaking to the plate with two outs already in the inning. Well, what's done is done and the MARLINS are in.

Cubs are more than great with Prior and Woods on the starting rotation. They are incredible!

The Yankees surprised me. They woke up from their sleep in game 1 and won three consecutives games (two in minnesota). Santana showed that he is not the big pitcher that everybody thought he was in game 1. The Yankees had him figured out.

The road continues and I thought that the Ump's blew the call to A's on Saturday. Burns blew another one. The A's had made to difficult on themselves. I still think they can win it tonight despite Pedro going for the Red Sox. As you know, I do not like the Sox at all...

I agree on the walking issue. They should make it to where you cannot walk someone on purpose. If it got to the point to where you walked every good player that came to the plate that would defeat the purpose of baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts