The Schedule for today on the Brett Favre...Oops, NFL Network

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
I was watching the NFL Network seeing if the 75 NFC playoff game was going to be televised. Well, that's a no. Here are some highlights:

2pm-Brett Favre 4ever
3pm-SB XXX1 Highlights
4:30 pm-America's Game 1968(Why are they showing that?) That might be the only thing worth watching.

So there you have it. As far as the game-I guess that promo they did about televising the game is as much as the game as your going to get.

The NFL Network has done this before. Last year, they will supposed to show Super Bowl 10 between Dallas and Pittsburgh. This was the game that featured Lynn Swann's great catches. I was looking forward so much to the CBS telecast that featured Pat Summerall and Tom Brooshier.

Instead, NFL Network is obsessed with the very selfish Brett Favre

The NFL Network has done this before. Last year, they will supposed to show Super Bowl 10 between Dallas and Pittsburgh. This was the game that featured Lynn Swann's great catches. I was looking forward so much to the CBS telecast that featured Pat Summerall and Tom Brooshier.

What was the reason it was preempted last year?

I don't know but I feel the same way as jmg007 with Super Bowl 10. I was looking forward to it as well. I think it was preempted because of the teams in the playoffs. In other words, when the Giants kept winning in the playoffs they showed Super Bowl 21 instead of Super Bowl 33, I think.
I sometimes think they put these games out there to appease us and then when they preempt them they could say "Well we tried to the game but it had to be preempted".

As a Giants fan, I didn't mind it because I never saw the game before. They did it because the Giants were in NFC title game. If it was the Cowboys-no doubt they would've shown the game.
Interesting point: Have you noticed that when the NFL Network shows these classic games, they don't show any CBS games. I mean they did show games from 2000 and 2002. I'm talking about really old games from the 70s and 80s. I just find it odd.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think there's a market out there for these old games. These leagues just don't realize it or just have so much money already they don't care. The NFL, in particular, would do very well selling DVD's of the Super Bowl's and the better playoff games. Heck, I think they could sell a team's whole season in a DVD package and do very well.
MLB has done this on a limited basis. I purchased the 1975 World Series a couple of years ago and I know they have the 1979 WS and a few others available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts