The suitable paint for Dishes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

al_madhi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Hi guys There are many kinds of paints , but I heard that there are special paints suitable for painting dishes such that the paint must not contains lead in its contents . In all paints stores in the markets there are no paints written on them that these paints suitable for painting dishes . Therefore can anybody tell me how to distinguish which one of them is suitable for painting dishes . Or if there is any particular brand suitable for painting dishes . Please advice .

Any thought you would have be greatly appreciated .

Best Regards

al_madhi said:
Hi guys There are many kinds of paints , but I heard that there are special paints suitable for painting dishes such that the paint must not contains lead in its contents

In the USA, lead-based paints are illegal, so it's not a concern to us. What might be available in Saudi Arabia will be a mystery to most here. You'll need to ask locally.

Most of the NASCAR team have their dishes custom painted to match the team colors. I would guess they are using the same paint they us on everything else.

I saw a company somewere else that would let you put anything on the skin that you wanted, but I cannot remember their name.

Edit: I looked around the site above and they will let you.

Any paint will typically do fine. Funney thing someone should bring this up, because I have searched high and low and I cannot find a grey spray paint to match the color of a standard Dish.

The only thing I can find that is even close is Spray Gray Primer :(

As a word of advice, I would use flat paint just because it typically doesn't flake off.

dish paint

walmart has a flat grey spray paint in their paint department that matches that of the factory grey color of my patriot 75 cm dish.

Be sure to use Flat paint. Do not use gloss paint , it will focus the suns rays into the lnbf and destroy it. The paint MUST BE FLAT.

I always like to keep my dishes looking new. I have a cheap chinese dish that tries to rust. The fresh paint keeps it looking new.

Almost all dishes made of metal are "powder coated" which means basically heat activated thermoplastic.

Use a paint like Krylon Fusion or the Rustoleum equivalent. Plastic is hard to adhere to. Rustoleum makes a special primer for plastic. The top coat can be any paint.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)