The Super Bowl

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
With footbal season upon us and this new forum I was thinking about starting this topic about the Super Bowl. What I would like to know if you want to, is what are some of your favorite Super Bowl moments. Do you have a particular play that u enjoyed, a memory. How about a favorite team? I mean I would like to know anything. Even if you have a favorite Super Bowl commercial or who's your favorite announce team to call a Super Bowl.

Favorite SB play: Leon Lett's screwup, Don Beebe forced touchback (I lived in Buffalo when that actually happened)

Without question for me, my favorite Super Bowl moment was the last play of SB XXXVI. :)

Speaking of the Rams/Patriots SB,

I find it fitting that game was Summerall and Madden's final game as a duo.

(They began and ended their magnificent run in Super Bowls)

Two moments for me: Jim O'Brien's game winning field goal against the Cowboys in Super Bowl V for the Baltimore Colts. Then, John Riggins bursting through the arms of Dolphin defensive back Don McNeal in Super Bowl XVII to give the Redskins a permanent lead in the 4th quarter of Washington's first Super Bowl victory. Sweet revenge for the Skins lost to the Fish in Super Bowl VII.

John Riggins bursting through the arms of Dolphin defensive back Don McNeal in Super Bowl XVII to give the Redskins a permanent lead in the 4th quarter of Washington's first Super Bowl victory. Sweet revenge for the Skins lost to the Fish in Super Bowl VII.

[youtube]J8cexwNdeyQ&feature[/youtube]

This is more of a question and some of you may think it's a dumb question and answer but here it is.
What was significant about Super Bowl 11 and it's not because the Vikings lost there 4th Super Bowl?

no-I'll give 2 more guesses. Remember, it's something that you probably won't guess in a million years.

no-It was the last Super Bowl to end before dusk. In other words, when the game it was still sunny when the game ended. When was the last Super Bowl to have that. All of them start at night time now. I mean in Super Bowl 2 ended at 6:06 pm and Super Bowl 42 didn't even start yet.

OK guys, I am showing my age here. As a kid, our family was diehard Green Bay Packers fans because my Dad was from GB and he tried out for them once. The very first Super Bowl was in Los Angeles and I lived in Long Beach at the time. All TV stations for a 50 mile radius were "blacked out" (sucks). Someone posted instructions in the newspaper on how to build a TV antenna to pick up a San Diego channel, so my Dad & I built the antenna and placed it on our chimney. VOILA!! The picture was typical analog grainy, but we got to watch the first Super Bowl! To top it off, Green Bay won, YEAH!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts