The Tale of 2 Cities

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

capndik

Original poster
Nov 6, 2006
Here's my problem:
I live in Cincinnati with my family full-time. Currently, I'm in Virginia for business for 4 months. The house I'm renting already has a dish mounted on the roof, so I brought one of my receivers with me.
I hooked it up and it works fine, except, I have no local channels. It wants to receive the Cincinnati channels, obvioulsy, but it can't. The local channels here would be for the DC market, but it won't receive them either.
If it were just me, I could call dish, and change my address. But, I don't want the family to be without locals in Cincy for the next 4 months.
Is there anything I can do?
One person suggested upgrading to HD and getting a 622 receiver. He said it would receive local channels via the rooftop antenna, and integrate them into the guide.
I'd rather not buy a new receiver, though.
Thanks!

You could call up the cable company and get their "lifeline" package (or something comparable, normally gives you the locals, public access, and some shopping channels). It should cost $10 or less a month... then you could use your dish account for the rest of your channels.

Here's my problem:
I live in Cincinnati with my family full-time. Currently, I'm in Virginia for business for 4 months. The house I'm renting already has a dish mounted on the roof, so I brought one of my receivers with me.
I hooked it up and it works fine, except, I have no local channels. It wants to receive the Cincinnati channels, obvioulsy, but it can't. The local channels here would be for the DC market, but it won't receive them either.
If it were just me, I could call dish, and change my address. But, I don't want the family to be without locals in Cincy for the next 4 months.
Is there anything I can do?
One person suggested upgrading to HD and getting a 622 receiver. He said it would receive local channels via the rooftop antenna, and integrate them into the guide.
I'd rather not buy a new receiver, though.
Thanks!

Just get a set of rabbit ears from rat shack and plug it into the antenna port on the back of the reciever that you have. When your turn the reciever off you can then change channels on the TV tuner.

This will work provided you are somewhat close to the broadcast tower otherwise as the previous poster said... locals through the cable pig.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)