The Tube

Status
Please reply by conversation.

n4bbq

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 28, 2004
Dahlonega, Ga
I picked up a cheapie FTA box on eBay and now have THE TUBE blasting away here at work in the "waiting arena". It's a hit!

Hopefully the FTA bug will be spread by the stuff being set up here. I'm writing up a "What You Are Watching" sheet to post near the TV with descriptions on how to get one set up.

People my age especially like it. I guess it is because we cut our video teeth on "Pop Clips" and later MTV. And of course, MTV is now crap.

Long Live THE TUBE

Yea.. I am in contact with Mr Ruggerio (VP of The Tube) to get redistribution permission on my cable system. He is sending me some promotional materials, which I should see any day now.

"Hopefully the FTA bug will be spread by the stuff being set up here. I'm writing up a "What You Are Watching" sheet to post near the TV with descriptions on how to get one set up."

More people becoming aware of FTA could be a good thing, but it could also be a bad thing. Today most people are totally unaware that it even exists. If it became common knowledge to the general public that FTA exists and everyone started to setup their own FTA systems then alot of network executives concerned about maximizing profits might start to worry about all these people "stealing" (in their mind) their signals and alot of the stuff that's available FTA now might start to encrypt. So, in my opinion we have to be very careful in this regard to protect the future of this hobby. I agree that it's nice to see the hooby grow but at the same time too much growth could very easily spell death to the the hobby. It's seems to me we have to walk a fine line here and be very careful about "spreading the word".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)