The weekly, "Will there be more HD launched this week?" thread.

Guess he should have built GPS into those expensive satellites. :D

Is anybody else sick of these stupid metaphors? Scroll back through this thread and you'd think it's for 6 yr olds.

pigsdeadsm.gif
Well, I joked that we'd see SciFi HD when pigs fly and that the pigs would fly this week. Instead they died. So unless something happens between now and tomorrow morning, I'm off to see my local DirecTV dealer after 20 years with Echostar.:river

I'm not whining anymore. DirecTV install is set for Sat 4/5 between 8am and noon. Goodbye Charlie.

At this rate, Charlie will lose thousands of customers monthly to cable/DirecTV.
Poor Charlie :(

Well actually, D* added 200,000 MORE subscribers than Dish did last quarter. BOTH companies chalk up that difference to the breadth of D*'s HD offerings.

How much of that is new subscribers vs. Switchers is open to question. But HD is definitely driving D*s growth.

I would think that subscribers to this web site are leading indicators, and that the switching phenomenon will be significant in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, since there is no way for Dish to respond or catch up before 2009.

pigsdeadsm.gif
Well, I joked that we'd see SciFi HD when pigs fly and that the pigs would fly this week. Instead they died. So unless something happens between now and tomorrow morning, I'm off to see my local DirecTV dealer after 20 years with Echostar.:river

I'm not sure that Dish has been in business for twenty years. I think they are just a little over ten years old.

OK. If I WERE to switch (still not sure if I am-- I really like the 622 and it's OTA capabilities, which I have heard the HD21 lacks w/o an additional box added on), what's the best way to go? CAll Dish and take whomever they send out-- not good w/ past installs of sat/cable. Or is it better to go to a local "shop" and arrange?

Reason I ask is I have a tricky install-- big ol brick house with 4 TVs on 3 floors. maybe the cable runs from Dish can be re-used?

Sorry-- a bit OT.

Actually, the cable operator COMCAST has lower their churn rate to 2.4% because of their triple play program. Now, they are rolling out download in 10min. They are offering 50 M/s downloads in some cities for business and heavy residual. The article is posted in the cable forum.

Dish network started in 1995 with 100,000 customers. Echosphere sold C-Band equipment in the 80s which later became Echostar/DISH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts