The Writing on the Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mbarnes

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I just had a DishNetwork install completed. A basic package ordered online. Interestingly, the installer wrote all over the back of the dish with his name, installer number, and some other junk. He said it was a requirement by Dish Network. Looks nasty. Permanent marker, so the only way to remove it is to paint over it. He said that would be a violation of agreement with Dish. What's up with that?
:confused:

Try one of those "goo-be-gone" products that gets rid of magic marker.

It isn't a requirement from anyone to have that crap on the back of your dish.

That's the strangest thing I've heard.

Next installers will be saying it's a requirement to put up a billboard advertising their business :D

I have also heard of no such requirement by Dish Network and have not seen anything on any other dish either. If they want their company information bad enough on it they should put a weatherproof business sticker on the back of the dish or better yet on the receiver inside.

The only thing even slightly comparable I've ever seen is when the guy was here installing my SuperDish, he wrote its serial number on the paperwork. I never knew dish antennae had serial numbers?

We've tried to mark our dishes at work and never had the magic marker stay past a few weeks of sun, wind and rain. Since the rain has industrial pollutants on it in most places on earth, it is abrasive. But, you can us goo-off, like Neutron said if you need it off now.

I think that installer had pride in his work signing it. Seriously I would leave it there for a few months if you have problems you know who to call. After the installation proves itself go ahead and remove it or take a good picture of the information then remove it.

The guy who just did some work on my system yesterday left me their business address and phone number with their paperwork and told me I could call them directly for any service needs rather than calling Dishnetwork. I think that's great!

Thankfully, he never wrote on the back of my dish. That is undoubtedly the weirdest service thing I've ever heard.

I'm trying to figure out how that works for advertising? If your dish is mounted on the side of your house, who's going to see it? If it's on the roof, who can read it? It's just plain dumb...

The biggest reason for leaving the installer info (but NOT on the dish) is so that you call them instead of E* in case of problems during the first year.

If you call E*, they will do their DAMNDEST to say the install was bad and chargeback the retailer.

Me, besides that, I think it's just good business - because we do good work, we're gonna get referrals and cross-sells.

Ironically if you spray some Off (the mosquito repellant) on permanent marker it washes the marker right off. Easy enough to see why mosquitos don't like it. Also makes me keep my distance :)

Actually go spray the marker with some hair spray (Just regular old aquanet) and the marker will come off. :D

There is nothing ini any contract I have ever seen in which they must write on your Dish. :)

This thead's first post if the first I've seen for a domestic Direct to Home service. I've seen writings on the front and/or back of the collectors for foreign services, The Filipino CTS TA to name a few. And none of those have listed the name and number of the installer, but to the channel provider as a whole.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts