The (www.voom.com) page is back! (And back to shutdown mode)

Currently Voom is a part of Rainbow DBS - if the Dolans are successful in buying the rest of the assests Voom will be part of VOOM HD, LLC

I hope this makes sense

huntsmontana said:
My dad (rest his soul) was a publisher of a big NYC newspaper... And I quote "any ink is good ink" when it comes to awareness He said..

Your dad was right. Ask any Hollywood actor. And the rest of the saying is "just make sure they spell the name correctly."

gutter said:
Your dad was right. Ask any Hollywood actor. And the rest of the saying is "just make sure they spell the name correctly."
I made a very similar comment when this first started...but nobody believed me then...and, I'm also still waiting for Paul Harvey! I'm sure he will be broadcasting before much longer!!
grinning-smiley-022.gif

huntsmontana Your dad was a wise fella! :)

Vicki,
Can you imagine Paul Harvey saying: Voom is dead, but is it? Now For The Rest Of The Story!

This is one radio broadcast that would get my attention.

gutter said:
Michael Jackson would dispute that. So would OJ Simpson.

danielle_s said:
Vicki,
Can you imagine Paul Harvey saying: Voom is dead, but is it? Now For The Rest Of The Story!

This is one radio broadcast that would get my attention.
That's the one I've been waiting for all along...it'll happen..."Patience and shuffle the cards." -- Miguel De Cervantes
grinning-smiley-022.gif
grinning-smiley-022.gif
grinning-smiley-022.gif

P.S.: I hope you read in another thread (don't remember which one), but I hope you don't mind that I copied your tag line! It was such a great idea, I couldn't resist...imitation is the most sincere form of flattery! Dish, Direct, Cable...undoubtedly all understand that!!!

deeann said:
The phone numbers between the old site and the new Voomllc.com site both go to the same recording and options.
ANYONE can create a website and put that number on it. The real question is why Cablevision hasn't stopped those answering the phones from entering orders. An oversight?
deeann said:
when did the Voom division become "Voom, LLC"? I don't remember.
It hasn't. Voom HD LLC is Charles and Tom Dolan and other Class B stockholders who want to buy the remainder of the Voom service from Cablevision/RainbowDBS. Did you read the press release on Feb 10th?

Thousands of posts without light.

JL
veek.jpg

ot

danielle, im in college studying for biochemistry and you put in longer hours then i do. all i have to say is im impressed and keep up the voom promoting

Just in on the Wire read it all here!!!!!!
I understand that Old man Dolan has fired some folks ....
Cablevision's Dolan Ousts Three From Board Over Voom Shut Down
March 3 (Bloomberg) -- Cablevision Systems Corp. Chairman Charles Dolan ousted three directors after a dispute with the board over the closure of the Voom satellite-television service, founded by Dolan two years ago.
Read the rest of the story at http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?...id=axGI8SNHTG5s

Old man Dolan fireing folks read it here

I understand that Old man Dolan has fired some folks ....
March 3 (Bloomberg) -- Cablevision Systems Corp. Chairman Charles Dolan ousted three directors after a dispute with the board over the closure of the Voom satellite-television service, founded by Dolan two years ago.
Read the rest of the story at http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?...id=axGI8SNHTG5s

Full Bloomberg story

Dolan, who owns a majority of Cablevision's Class B shares, yesterday installed executives including Liberty Media Corp. Chairman John Malone and former Viacom Inc. Chief Executive Frank Biondi. Quadrangle Group managing principal Steven Rattner is among the departing directors, Dolan said in a statement issued at 8:09 p.m. New York time.

The boardroom coup at Cablevision, the largest cable- television operator in New York, escalates a disagreement between Dolan and his son, Cablevision Chief Executive Officer James Dolan, over the Bethpage, New York-based company's decision to close money-losing Voom and sell its satellite. Charles Dolan, 78, and another son, Thomas, offered to buy the rest of the unit before Cablevision ended talks this week.

``Mr. Dolan is hoping new blood on the board will allow him to buy Voom from Cablevision rather than have it shut down,'' said New York-based Fulcrum Global Partners LLC analyst Richard Greenfield, who rates Cablevision shares ``buy.''

Dolan said a majority of Class B shareholders, all family members or partnerships or trusts for the family, voted to add Malone, Biondi, former ITT Corp. Chairman Rand Araskog and former Citizens Communication Co. Chairman Leonard Tow.

They will replace Rattner, the late John Tatta, and recently retired Cablevision officers William Bell and Sheila Mahoney, Dolan said.

The new members of the board may be more receptive to Dolan's argument that Cablevision stands to gain more from selling the unit's remaining assets than shutting it down, Greenfield said.

Voom

Voom drained $1.4 billion from Cablevision, according to Merrill Lynch & Co. analyst Jessica Reif Cohen. The company last month posted a fourth-quarter loss because of $354.9 million in costs related to the Rainbow DBS unit, of which Voom was a part.

Dolan championed the satellite business, which attracted 26,000 subscribers, as an alternative to DirecTV Group Inc., the biggest satellite-TV company with 13.9 million customers, and No. 2 EchoStar Communications Corp.'s Dish service

Dolan and Thomas Dolan created Voom HD LLC to purchase Voom after Cablevision sold the service's main orbiter to EchoStar.

Cablevision spokesman Charlie Schueler yesterday declined to comment. Edward Horowitz, a spokesman for Dolan, didn't immediately return a call seeking comment.

Cablevision's board will be asked at a March 7 meeting to increase its size so the company's Class B shareholders can elect Brian Sweeney to fill a new seat, Dolan said in the statement. Sweeney is a vice president at Cablevision and Dolan's son-in- law.

The four new board members will hold their seats until the company's May 19 annual meeting and then be re-nominated, Dolan said yesterday.

Malone

In bringing Malone, 63, to the board, Dolan gains a director who ran cable-TV provider Tele-Communications Inc. for more than 25 years. Malone kept control of Liberty Media, TCI's cable- programming arm, after selling TCI to AT&T Corp. in 1999. TCI at the time was Cablevision's largest common shareholder, and AT&T got that stock in the TCI purchase.

Since then, Malone has built Liberty into a media company that includes the QVC shopping network, the Starz group of movie cable networks and a 50 percent stake in Discovery Communications, owner of the Discovery Channel.

Malone last year acquired an 18 percent voting stake in Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. Murdoch said Feb. 2 that an agreement to reduce Malone's stake in the company may be reached in nine months.

Biondi

Biondi was Viacom's CEO from 1987 until 1996, when Chairman Sumner Redstone ousted him, saying Biondi lacked the fast-paced and aggressive management style needed to run Viacom. Biondi, 60, became chairman and CEO of Universal Studios Inc. and since 1999 has been a senior managing director at Waterview Advisers LLC.

Tow until 2004 worked at Stamford, Connecticut-based Citizens Communications Corp., a telecommunications company, and its predecessors. Araskog sits on the board of ITT, International Steel Group Inc. and Rayonier Inc., a forestry products company.

Cablevision shares fell 13 cents today in New York Stock Exchange composite trading. They've risen 19 percent in the last 12 months.

Araskog declined to comment. Rattner didn't immediately return a call and e-mail seeking comment after business hours. Liberty spokesman Mike Erickson didn't immediately return a call seeking comment. Biondi didn't immediately return a call to his office after business hours.

justalurker said:
ANYONE can create a website and put that number on it. The real question is why Cablevision hasn't stopped those answering the phones from entering orders. An oversight?

It hasn't. Voom HD LLC is Charles and Tom Dolan and other Class B stockholders who want to buy the remainder of the Voom service from Cablevision/RainbowDBS. Did you read the press release on Feb 10th?

Thousands of posts without light.

JL

And did you read the part of the my post that said?:

"...but since I'm <i>starting to feel a little fuzzy right now and need to stop soon</i>- when did the Voom division become "Voom, LLC"? I don't remember."

Granted it was a awkwardly formed question and I am thanking you for pointing me to one of the many press releases out there for reference because I was tired and didn't want to to go back and re-read everything, it *is* possible to do it without tossing a snarky remark in. ;)

But thanks again!

D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)