This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Theaters are boycotting Netflix’s first feature film, which is great for Netflix

whitewolf8214

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
May 13, 2004
Space
Theaters are boycotting Netflix’s first feature film, which is great for Netflix http://qz.com/526947/theaters-are-b...lm-which-is-great-for-netflix/?utm_source=YPL

I consider Netflix a "premium channel" like HBO or Showtime, so I don't see any difference in Netflix making movies and the various networks who have been making movies for decades now. None of those movies made it to theaters, why would a Netflix movie matter?

HDNet Movies has been doing day-and-date releases for years. Steven Soderbergh comes to mind. Big chains don't like that. But they don't like low budget movies anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Maybe a sloppy seconds channel but not premium

Reactions: Radioguy41
Maybe a sloppy seconds channel but not premium
I consider Netflix a "premium channel" because of their in-house tv series, not because of all of the old stuff they have available. They have some series that are as good, or better than anything else on tv, premium channel or not.

And let's be honest. HBO, Showtime, etc. have been showing some pretty old films lately.