Status
Not open for further replies.

navy8ball

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 28, 2003
Henryetta,OK. 74437
banning movie studios from using names of movies in remakes of movies made in the past.i see halloween is coming out soon and 3:10 to yuma these originals are classics. if they want to use the names it should be halloween 2007 or 3:10 to yuma 2007 etc;

Yeah, because most of the time they just aren't the same and not as good overall.

I don't really have a problem with it. Although, I do get mad when I read the program guide for a cable channel for a movie, and then the movie they show is not the same as described. Such as recently, I was reading in the guide that King Kong was coming on, the original one with Fay Wray. Only to discover it was the one made in the 70's. I watched it and enjoyed it, again. But, it still made me mad the info was incorrect.
I'm not saying I agree with you on this topic, but if you had it your way, the info would probably be more likely correct for these type situations.
So I guess the next time they make a remake of "Hamlet", they should call it "navy8ball"...
Works for me!

Al

I dont agrea because if they did this then they would have to completely revamp the whole story so that it doesnt resemble the original movie at all. Take Invasion of the body snatchers for instance, the original filmed back during the start of the atomic age wasnt much of a movie as compared the the remake in the 70's wich as a kid gave me shivers and made me take second looks at my grandmothers veggie garden more than a few times but if the remake had not of had the same name I never would have come across the original movie in the 80's while looking for the remake.

The upcoming release of halloween is from what I can see not a remake but a prequel ( thanks alot Lucas for that pain in the ass word and a new way for studios to exploit good movies/tv shows further ) and focuses on Mikies childhood and what made him the mean little booger eater that he became so calling it halloween 2007 would have no point.

The upcoming release of halloween is from what I can see not a remake but a prequel ( thanks alot Lucas for that pain in the ass word and a new way for studios to exploit good movies/tv shows further )
Lucas was far from the first to do that. Missing in Action 2: The Beginning was a prequel to the first.
But I agree they should call it something else, like Halloween: The Beginning or something like that.

Maybe call it devils night? I hadnt noticed that it was strictly labeled as halloween so my bad on that part, this is definitely a problem then in that its using the same name for a diferent movie all together and on that the OP has a good point.

It dawned on me that movies are starting to face the same problem that books have for some time now, theyr running out of good names to use. I can think of two off the top of my head that if they had been named diferently they might have done better, one was Tristen and Leopold and the other one just escaped me but it was along a similar fashion of movie.

Coincidentaly I was reading an old issue of US magazine at the doctors office today and noticed that the 70's version of invasion of the body snatchers was remastered and rereleased on dvd August 8, the cover looks cool but I had no idea it was being rereleased.

August 27, 2007

Attn: Navy8ball

Re: There ought to be a law...

I can make this happen. I happen to be very knowledgeable of the law and have the power to make these things happen. If you would like assistance in getting this law put into effect, please send me a PM and we'll discuss your options.

Ok, what's with posting the date and stuff before your post? :)

August 28, 2007

To: ALL

The reason I post information prior to my respective post is due to the fact that I am a responsible, law-abiding citizen who thinks the most appropriate manner in which to address others is in a way that immediately address what it is that you are discussing. I find it extremely disgraceful when an individual cannot do that and think there have been a lot of people in the past that have purposely tried to "get around" Mojo's demise in order to avoid talking to me. Plus, I'm a very knowledgeable man and think that writing in the manner in which I write does a great deal to indicate to others that I cannot be pushed around in a grudge match of words. I can pass such a law and have the power to make such a request. I was telling him to forward the request to my attention in order to see action taken.

It is my hope that, in the future, people will become more knowledgeable of my knowledge, instincts, and abilities. Hopefully, we can change the world together and it will take some of the load off of me as I am currently attempting to do it myself.

We are all here to learn and have a good time. :)
I don't personally want to come here and act like this is the board room of a big company. If you want to conduct yourself that way, hey that's fine with me. To each is their own and if that is what you want to do to feel good, then you have fun too. :D

You cannot copyright a title so the studios are free to use the same title for the remake---or to call very dissimilar films "Dressed to kill".

Can't copyright a title? Didn't know that. Seems odd, as it just leads to confusion, and will no doubt lead to more confusion in the future.

I dare say that you will finda lot of movies with the same title. I gave one example. But ia gree sometimes it is confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)