TheTube is having some probs tonight.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
OK here..............WOW wait a minute! Only 50% quality!

I was hoping it was that DUFF LNBF you are using ; )

I have no problems here in Chicago area. 90cm dish with Invacom .3 lnbf. Signal is 88% quality 60% and it is raining outside :)

I find this freq week at best in southern Canada. Changed for me approx 6 months ago. Tried peakign and re-peaking with no luck. Al other transponders fine. Anybody heard if Equity is officially moving all of these to C band? and if so when.

digiwave 7000, twinhan 1020a, 30" wineguard, HH motor.

sharris said:
Anybody heard if Equity is officially moving all of these to C band? and if so when.

All I can say is I HOPE NOT. Most of the quality FTA up there is on G10R!

Anyone know anything new about this possibility?

Tron

Put it this way if it does go C-band most of us here will also be going C-band :smug

But your right.....hope not!

PSB said:
Put it this way if it does go C-band most of us here will also be going C-band :smug

At least that's looking like a somewhat viable option, with all this experimenting with 1.2M Channel Master antennas with C-Band!

Actually, that dish (the Channel Master 1.2) is listed on the manufacturer's website as being C-Band capable (please see attached pic), they give figures for the 1.2 in both C and Ku... although the gain on C-band is only 32 db :(

Tron

Attachments

• chart2.gif
    chart2.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 214
according to an engineer with Equity, they will slowly but surely move everything over to C band on G3 due to rain fade problems using ku.

I'm finally setting my dish up this weekend and now this! Please tell me a 31" winegard and an analog slaved to a coolsat could still pick up these channels if they move. I know it probably can't, but give me a glimmer of hope!

scupmando said:
I'm finally setting my dish up this weekend and now this! Please tell me a 31" winegard and an analog slaved to a coolsat could still pick up these channels if they move. I know it probably can't, but give me a glimmer of hope!

If they move, they'd still be digital DVB, so you wouldn't need the analog receiver. But you would need a C-Band capable dish pointed at G3 (95w) :( I am currently researching the possibility of either a mini-BUD (1.2M with C-Band capability) or a full-blown BUD in case this happens.

Tron

It will suck if equity moves all there channels. If this happens, then not much left to watch on FTA. It would be nice if they had made a decision to move to a more powerful KU sat.

I'm picking up The Tube on G10 at its' normal spot, and also at:

118000, V, 26.66Msps

That location was KWBS PAX from Eureka Springs.
If somone can verify this, it's got an impressive 49% Quality over here- a nice alternative to the old weak transponder. Maybe also indicative of The Tube preparing for Equity's move? .. or just tired of that transponder? ;)

CharredPC said:
I'm picking up The Tube on G10 at its' normal spot, and also at:

118000, V, 26.66Msps

That location was KWBS PAX from Eureka Springs.
If somone can verify this, it's got an impressive 49% Quality over here- a nice alternative to the old weak transponder. Maybe also indicative of The Tube preparing for Equity's move? .. or just tired of that transponder? ;)

nope
they need time to kill, so they rebroadcast it on KWBS (actually its KDEV now) and WPXS from time to time

I would go ahead and set it. there are some other stuff there that is not own by Equity. I think Directv uses this satellite from time to time to uplink new locals. I remember Huntsville, AL being on at one time because of that.

I seem to recall that as well (i.e., locals from dish/RCA). ya, it will be a shame if it goes C band. I too am looking into a 1.2 meter for c band. I have access to an old c band lnb. I just wish someone came out with a 1.2 other than channelmaster, something lighter preferrably so I hook it upto a motor. The channelmaster I think is approx 50 pounds worth of dish...can't move this with an sg2100 withour it falling apart. Anywhere I can find a 1.2meter in galvanized would be great.

sharris said:
I seem to recall that as well (i.e., locals from dish/RCA). ya, it will be a shame if it goes C band. I too am looking into a 1.2 meter for c band. I have access to an old c band lnb. I just wish someone came out with a 1.2 other than channelmaster, something lighter preferrably so I hook it upto a motor. The channelmaster I think is approx 50 pounds worth of dish...can't move this with an sg2100 withour it falling apart. Anywhere I can find a 1.2meter in galvanized would be great.

You mean like a Sadoun Fortec 120cm?
Works great on an Sg2100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts