They have pulled all workorders

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sat4me

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 19, 2004
Received from Installs Inc, effective today to cease all VOOM installations and service calls. Anyone that is set beyond today will NOT receive any service calls or installations. More to come later today as to what and if we are to de-install any systems and when. :no :mad:

Well, that makes it pretty "official", I'd say.

However, still VOOMing and hoping we don't need a service call before the end of the month under mostly clear Seattle skies, Gill

No service calls on purchased equipment with a service contract either??

Ok guys i guess i was wrong, they have just pulled all workorder out of my system on anything to do with VOOM. I really hate to see it go.

I have enjoy all you guys on here but i quess we will have to see what next.

tyork

..and I just paid for next month last night..

sat4me said:
Received from Installs Inc, effective today to cease all VOOM installations and service calls. Anyone that is set beyond today will NOT receive any service calls or installations. More to come later today as to what and if we are to de-install any systems and when. :no :mad:

boo hoo; guess I don't get my long cable runs replaced. T, what else do you install that you reccommend? mike

Mike
I install both D* and E* I will say that I do alot more D* than E

t

Can you ask about service calls on purchased receivers that have a service contract.

Thanks

I also to just got a email that stated to cense all work on voom effective immediately.
so am assuming that mean everything. but i will see if can find out anything.

t

What that means for sure is that C. Dolan has decided not to contest the sale of the 61.5 satellite to E*. There wouldn't be any sense in putting in dishes for newbies that won't point to Rainbow-6.

Not to say that VOOM will stay alive, but with this news, it won't be on Rainbow-1.

just got word that they are trying to reach tech in the field today and if they have not install there voom order yet than don't .

t

TYORK said:
just got word that they are trying to reach tech in the field today and if they have not install there voom order yet than don't .

t

Time to send out the sniper teams to wing em' before they have a chance to finish!

Looks like Jimmy is covering all his bases this time around. Unfortunately, they will preempt any last minute attempts by CHuck to save the service. A sad day for VOOM and for the future of HDTV.

TYORK said:
Mike
I install both D* and E* I will say that I do alot more D* than E

t

Thats because Installs inc only gets the "free for all" promos from radio shack, and radio shack pushes all the other offers first, and only uses free for all as last chance to land the sale.

Thats fine as long as i say busy i happy. but i don't think Radio Shack sell that many dish today and the ones they do sell they sell to someone that can't speak english and then you go hook them up and they want even activate them that has happen to the last 5 installs i have done for them.

t

T, now Voom is in the last hours of it's life, I will miss your posts to always help the newbies to get their installs straightened out. Just wanted to mention this to you.

TYORK said:
Thats fine as long as i say busy i happy. but i don't think Radio Shack sell that many dish today and the ones they do sell they sell to someone that can't speak english and then you go hook them up and they want even activate them that has happen to the last 5 installs i have done for them.

t

LMAO, You too? Happened to me a bunch of times awhile ago, then dish wanted me to remove it all and take it back with me once they wouldnt activate them. :mad: The one lady didnt even have a social security number to give them. :shocked That international programing package is the other one that Installs does besides the "free for all" .
They are selling alot of systems locally, but under different promos that goto companys besides Installs.

Can some one rename the thread from "They have pull all workorders" to "They have PULLED all workorders"

Sorry, but the grammar is driving me nuts every time I read it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)