they left the 30" dish???

GeneWildershair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2004
Bay Area
Hi guys, just wanted to pop in and let you guys know they picked up my VOOM equipment last week, but left the 30" dish they provided me with for the rain fade issue I was having? The installer who picked it up said he didn't want to try and break it down to fit into his small car. I signed the paper saying he picked up everything, but I'm just a bit concerned about this 30" dish being left? Any suggestions? BTW, I've been checking in here and just lurking around lately, and I'm happy to see that VOOM looks like it's really taking off, So many new faces around here, joining this great VOOM community. :) It's good to see.

Keep the dish and plug it into a FTA receiver........Music and Soccer are FTA with your DBS LNB, even better put a ku band LNB on it also........all sorts of FTA stuff........somebody UPTHERE wants you to go FTA : ) Or sell it?

GeneWildershair said:
I signed the paper saying he picked up everything, but I'm just a bit concerned about this 30" dish being left? Any suggestions?

1. Clean it up real good and use it in November to serve the Thanksgiving turkey.

2. Teach the kids how to play "Mongo Frisbee".

3. Put a handle on the back and use this as a shield for the remake of "Braveheart in the New World".

4. Install a chin strap and use this instead of an umbrella.

5. Put it on a pedestal and fill with water for a terrific bird bath.

6. If you have a big dog, put a long handle on it and use this instead of a shovel when cleaning up the yard.

7. Put some rocks in it and a small submersible pump, makes a nifty fountain.

8. Use it to replace the missing left front hubcap on your Monster Truck.

9. Sledding in the snow--nothing better than a 30" for that.

10. Donate it to the Emphysema Ward at the local hospital so they don't have to empty the ashtrays as often.

Yes, you can use a dbs LNB even a phase three to pick up some free to air programming but you also need a FTA receiver, and you need to point your dish at the satellite, You could also use the dish as a duck pond : )

Vurbano, There is a link on my web site to a list of all FTA channels from this country, (this list includes channels from this country that people overseas can get FTA, but its pretty self explanatory, it also includes c-band)

PSB said:
Vurbano, There is a link on my web site to a list of all FTA channels from this country, (this list includes channels from this country that people overseas can get FTA, but its pretty self explanatory, it also includes c-band)
Wow, all of that is free? What do I need: just a dish and an FTA receiver?

Remember you dont get EVERY channel on that list, some are c-band dvb, some are a different system, and some are pointing overseas so you will never get them here,
to get 90% of these free to air channels you would need....

FTA receiver with blind search (DiSEqC 1.2 to motor the dish)
75 or 95cm dish (bigger IS better)
Ku band LNB (also dbs LNB if needed, switch and bracket)
Motor

But if you want to do it by hand or just point to one satellite at a time all you need is the receiver and dish/ku LNB.

Vurbano,

FSW seems to be in the clear on Satcom three but its a C-band satellite, so you would need a BUD and C band LNB to get it, and it looks like its analog and not DVB, the pink channels are C-band.

Yes it is true! I have been using a Free to air mpeg reciever for years. I piggyback it to my BIG dish thru my motorola 4dtv reciever set up.
It gets all PBS advertised! plus lots of locals and it seems millions of europe and south american channels. It is for the teckie and not very wife friendly.
It is awesome thought! you can learn more about it at al7var north america website. http://www.dishtech.ca/index.php?
Be forwarned though that lots of peeps are looking for this for doing illegal satellite interception of USA and Canadian satellite services. Please only particapate in LEGAL free to air transmissions and dont put yourself at risk.
There is plenty of LEGAL free stuff for us LEGAL teckies.

Have a great day!

Iceberg said:
I don't think that site is friendly for this forum........if ya know what I mean :D

It depends on what you do with it. I only use free to air the legal way and the forums there are great!

Its not like one of those barred directv bootleg sites.

I would never go to one of those!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)