They won't lease an 811 to me

If you have been a good customer for at least a year you may qualify to upgrade to a 811 for a nominal handling & installation charge under the "Dishin' It Up" promotion. Ask your original retailer.

If you don't qualify (and don't ask why because no one will say) you have the option of buying one just like thousands of people already have. You may get a deal on ebay or find a used one at a local retailer.

Then you will have to go directly through DISH to see if you qualify for a lease upgrade.

Sorry, it will be more than $25 up front. Maybe $99, maybe $49. Depends on many factors like what you subcribe to for how long, where you live, how promptly you pay your bill, etc., etc...

JohnDoe#2 said:
Then you will have to go directly through DISH to see if you qualify for a lease upgrade.

Sorry, it will be more than $25 up front. Maybe $99, maybe $49. Depends on many factors like what you subcribe to for how long, where you live, how promptly you pay your bill, etc., etc...
I might as well go with DirecTV, if I have to put up with all of this garbage. Beside's they'll be cheaper after my rebate.

On my first call, I was told I'd have to purchase the 811 for $399 that there were none available to lease. On the second call I was told that I'd have to lease the 811 since they were not available to purchase.

And JD Powers rated Dish the best?

danielle_s said:
She said that I have to purchase one. WTF? Actually there's no HD receiver that I can lease she said. Should I just call back?

ksload said:
On my first call, I was told I'd have to purchase the 811 for $399 that there were none available to lease. On the second call I was told that I'd have to lease the 811 since they were not available to purchase.

And JD Powers rated Dish the best?
If I can figure out how to come up with the money, I'll probably just get an 811 off ebay. They're much cheaper, but still I'm very worried about the whole mpeg4 thing. I don't want to spend my money on an 811 only to have to turn around and buy an new receiver.

I've been told that they won't lease me a 811 twice and the second time she told me to call my local installers which i'll be doing tomorrow morning. This is just plain crazy & stupid.

Has anyone else been told to contact they're local retailers/installers regarding the leasing of 811s?

Yes, sometimes the idiot CSRs point you to us just to kill the call.

Reality is, barring mistakes, if it CAN be done, E* will do it - and they can often do it when the retailer is blocked from doing it. :mad:

I've found that sometimes you're length of subscription and payment habits come into play when you want to lease. Most folks need to be customers at least 6 months with no late payments to qualify.

To Danielle S, I Leased a 811 this past thursday April 28th and should be receiving it May 4th.

danielle_s said:
She said that I have to purchase one. WTF? Actually there's no HD receiver that I can lease she said. Should I just call back?
10PM and I just completed a lease of the 811 within 10 minutes. I am a E* user that was on $5 hold while VOOMING. Did not call WOW HDTV but the regular 800 number. Added HD pack for 1/2 price for 12 months. Can add VOOM until the receiver is installed on 3 May 05. Still on hold for installation date for the 61.5 stuff.

rmunson2 said:
10PM and I just completed a lease of the 811 within 10 minutes. I am a E* user that was on $5 hold while VOOMING. Did not call WOW HDTV but the regular 800 number. Added HD pack for 1/2 price for 12 months. Can add VOOM until the receiver is installed on 3 May 05. Still on hold for installation date for the 61.5 stuff.
I'm not sure if this matters or not but my account was closed back in September in prepration for my move to kansas. I just reactivated it today. I'm on the $5 a month thing until June.

I bought a 811 off one of the users of this group who lives in the same city as I do. Hooked it up (went to my neighbhourhood Walmart at 10:00 PM to get an extra optical cable), called Dish and ordered the HD package. I hooked my 811 via component video since I had my DVD player hooked to the HDMi input of my Plasma. When I saw ESPN/TNT and DSCHD I was speechless. Man, never saw a PQ that crisp and for ESPN and TNT I had Dolby Digital. My weekend was pretty much infront of the TV. The NBA playoffs on ESPNHD are Terrific. I am happy I bought the 811.

What I don't understand is that if all HD receviers have both composite and component connections then why don't they just narrow the number of reveivers out in the field to 4 max & make them all HD receivers.
For those who have 3800/3900, 301, etc... we get a fair deal on the receivers whether we want to purchase or lease them.

Trading a purchased receiver in for a "better" one and the better one is leased is not a fair deal. Anyone remember the 510 deal?

danielle_s said:
why don't they just narrow the number of reveivers out in the field to 4 max & make them all HD receivers.
Amazing idea. E* is working on it and premiered the first of these receivers at Team Summit.

The 411 is a HD/SD MPEG4 Satellite tuner that will replace the 3xx and 811 receivers (and all previous non-DVRs) with ONE receiver model.

The 411 is expected to be available in August - but think December.

Don't spend too much on an 811. :D

JL

I called some local retailers and they won't lease and 811 to me. They basicly said that if dish won't lease then can't lease. As much as I'm gonna miss my voom programming I think that I'm going to just continue life with ota and see what happens with this whole mpeg4 mess. I'm going to stay on the Dish Pause until they either offer me something worth staying or I'm headed to Direct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts