Think LNB failing

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
Something about Sunday I always lose my signal. Dish been out here did something outside but still getting signal loss. Said something was interfearing with the cable. Last week had 1523 unable to sccess outside unit. The joey and hopper stay connected.

Here it is Sunday again and loss signal. Be back in about 2 hours. What in the world could cause this?

My guess would be outside interference of some sort. Possibly from some device that sends weekly monitoring updates via radio signal or even a weekly process using some machine that emits a strong radio signal. Some years ago, we used to get a 10-15 minute TV signal interruption at exactly midnight that we finally traced to a nearby river level monitoring station sending daily reports to a microwave tower. Our TV antenna was almost perfectly aligned in the narrow signal path. In our case, relocating the TV antenna pretty much eliminated the problem, but I suspect your interference could be from a much broader signal. Is there any sort of manufacturing or processing facility nearby?

Reactions: charlesrshell
There just a movie theater bowling alley couple streets over. I guess could try get Dish try to move dish.

Hmmm, that is really curious then. I can't see a failing LNB causing the problem that consistently 7 days apart, so I do suspect something unique to your location. Whether moving the dish would help or not, I can't say of course. Possibly a local Dish retailer would work with you in solving the problem. A temporary portable dish installation would prove or disprove the relocation question fairly quickly. Maybe as close to the neighbor's dish as possible without leaving your property if the LOS is good.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Just came back up. I sent dish support a message. I think we need move dish and maybe even change LNB

Reactions: NYDutch
Do these outages happen at specific times on Sunday? Like let's say from 8AM to 10AM. If it is that specific take a look at what is going on in your own home that is specific to those times. Things like the clothes washer or dryer is running. I use that as an example because I wash and dry my clothes on Sunday morning and I am pretty right on with the start at 7AM and I am usually finished at 9AM. What else might be on a timer that activates only on Sunday at specific times....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)