Thinking about C-band but maybe too many trees?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lilyarbie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2005
I've looked all through the satellite charts and see that all the satellites are arranged at the equator from East to West. Since both the eastern and western directions are blocked by both my house and trees on each side. Could it be safe to say that it's not worth the extra investment until I buy a new house in the future? There's one part of my yard where it looks like I might have a limited view going from north to south, but my east and west directions on my lot are obstructed by trees. I have Voom satellite tv but that's because my satellite sits on top of the house and it is pointed just barely out of the way of a tree to get around 98 to 99% signal quality all the time. Also, if I was going to go with C-band and FTA on C and Ku band, I would want a C-band dish to get the full capability instead of just getting Ku FTA like a lot of others over in the FTA area have. It's either full capability or no capability for me. If it's too much of a problem on my lot, then I'll just stick with highly compressed Voom for now. It's too bad that I don't have a steel reinforced roof instead of my plain old wooden roof, then I could mount a big C-band on my roof. :)

lilyarbie said:
I've looked all through the satellite charts and see that all the satellites are arranged at the equator from East to West. Since both the eastern and western directions are blocked by both my house and trees on each side. Could it be safe to say that it's not worth the extra investment until I buy a new house in the future? There's one part of my yard where it looks like I might have a limited view going from north to south, but my east and west directions on my lot are obstructed by trees. I have Voom satellite tv but that's because my satellite sits on top of the house and it is pointed just barely out of the way of a tree to get around 98 to 99% signal quality all the time. Also, if I was going to go with C-band and FTA on C and Ku band, I would want a C-band dish to get the full capability instead of just getting Ku FTA like a lot of others over in the FTA area have. It's either full capability or no capability for me. If it's too much of a problem on my lot, then I'll just stick with highly compressed Voom for now. It's too bad that I don't have a steel reinforced roof instead of my plain old wooden roof, then I could mount a big C-band on my roof. :)

You can also have the bud planted on a pole, 15'-20' I would recommend a pro for a install like that. You can find dealers here on this updated list:
http://onsat.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=03e443dea28c252d1404b2b77b1f41a6

If one is not to far from you, you can ask them to go take a look and they will know the best place and way to install. Good luck let us know how it goes :)

Thanks for the help, but I think I'll pass on C-band for now

Thanks for all the help guys, but I'll pass on C-band. I don't want to cut down the some 10-12 trees in my yard(besides I like living in a shady area compared to the rest of my neighborhood). I also didn't want to have to put a tall pole out in my yard either. That would make it that much more of an eyesore for the neighbors around me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts