Thinking about disconnecting D*

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jrawls2

Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
I have come to the realization that other than football games I rarely watch anything on any of the other 200 channels I have. 2 of my boxes don't even get used. So..I'm thinking about disconnecting completely. I know D* won't let me have just certain channels, but from your experience what would they offer me if I called and told them this exact thing. If I do get their most basic package I'm going to want to keep hd/dvr service so that extra $$ makes it almost not worth it.

TIA

Nothing says the DirecTV service is for everybody. Neither is DISH, FIOS or cable. Everybody has to decide what they want for themselves. If you don't think paying for even the lowest price package is worth the cost then cancel. If on the other hand, you're just looking for a deal to lower your costs, and there's nothing wrong with that, give them a call and see what they'll offer.

I thought about canceling in between seasons when nothing but re-runs are on. Then reconnect my service when the re-runs are over. I can't justify paying what I pay for re-runs.

I know you can suspend your account for a period of time and then turn it back on. If you do that will you have access to what is already on your dvr? I'm assuming the answer is no.

I know you can suspend your account for a period of time and then turn it back on. If you do that will you have access to what is already on your dvr? I'm assuming the answer is no.

That is correct, at least as far as the R/HR2x boxes go - the D-Tivo's CAN still play back recordings even after being shut-off. (as long as you disco them from the dish prior to shut-off)

As far as suspending, I believe the max you can is 6 months, but I don't know then how long you have to keep it ON, &/or how often you CAN suspend. Maybe Stonecold will chime in on this one... ;)

Dishrich is right, you can suspend for up to 6 months in a 12 month period (rolling 12 months). If you are under contract the suspended time doesn't count toward your 18/24 month contract.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts