Thinking about getting Directv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tvfan24/7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Hey guys-

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with Comcast's pricing and channel lineup in the Brick,NJ area and am highly considering Directv. But I have a few questions.

1) When they say Free 4 Room Directv system, will those receivers remain free or will I be charged the $4.99 mirroring fee for the 2nd,3rd and 4th tvs?

2) What kind of HD/DVR does Directv Use?

3) How is the picture quality on channels? I've heard that it is compressed and/or not the best quality and was wondering if that was true?

4) Are there any protection plans that I should sign up for, should I have any problems with their equipment?

5) Are any rate increases coming along?

I think that just about covers everything. Thanks again for any information that you can provide me.

Tvfan24/7 said:
Hey guys-
I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with Comcast's pricing and channel lineup in the Brick,NJ area and am highly considering Directv. But I have a few questions.
1) When they say Free 4 Room Directv system, will those receivers remain free or will I be charged the $4.99 mirroring fee for the 2nd,3rd and 4th tvs?
3) How is the picture quality on channels? I've heard that it is compressed and/or not the best quality and was wondering if that was true?
4) Are there any protection plans that I should sign up for, should I have any problems with their equipment?
I think that just about covers everything. Thanks again for any information that you can provide me.

1) you will be charged the $4.99 mirroring fee for the 2nd,3rd and 4th tvs by Directv

2)Tivo

3) don't have Hd

4) that is up to you but there is the protection plan that is 7.99 for Hd and dvr receivers

5)http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=50606

Tvfan24/7 said:
Hey guys-

free means you do not pay for the receiver, the 4.99 mirroring applies to all additional ones.

USED to be tivo, directv is now using proprietary models such as the directv R-15

pq is on par with dish net and the cablecos

insurance plan is on you, it is 4.99 for std IRDS and 7.99 for advanced IRDS, and the cost is per month and covers the whole system

directv issued a press release recently and stated they do not forsee any rate hikes in 2006

go ahead, get it, it is a great system.

We are a sub contracting company and have installation contracts indirectly with Directv, Dishnetwork, and Comcast. I have had all three of their services in my house before. And for the last 6 years, I have had Directv. I wouldnt have anything but directv. Comcast gives you a great intro plan, but then jacks the prices after the intro. Dish is not as user friendly as Directv. Plus we feel it is easier and quicker to do a Directv installation, than it is to do a Dish Installation. All three's customer service's need a little help once you become a customer. Once you are a customer with any of them, you are just a dollar sign and a number to them. No great deals or offers once your a customer. FTA might be the way we will go someday. But all in all, Directv is your best choice!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)