Thinking about going to Cable for now.(deal)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sarang

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 30, 2005
I got an offer that says they'll charge me $19.99 per month for a year. Is anyone familiar with this deal? I was originally planning on going to E* and getting their HD and International but now almost seems like an ideal time for me to ideal on Cable a while with the MPEG4 rollout on E* and the uncertainty of what's going to be provided.
The package seems to be Digital Plus and they tell me there's NO contract with this just the fact I can have it for a year at this price and it seems to cover the basics everyone in my house would be interested in for channels. I also wanna tag on HDTV and am thinking about an HD DVR. Will the HD DVR cost more than one of Comcast's regular DVR's or what? The price looks to be $35 a month after that. I'm also curious about Comcast's International offerings, specifically Korean channels. Also how much do the On Demand services add to the cost of the Cable bill?
Soz for all the big questions. Any caveats one might advance here, to this deal? I was checking the website and they say there's a one time fee for the package of "$19.95" and "$55.00" for HDTV. I assume this has to deal with Installation. Sorry for the mouthful.

So you've seen it too korsjs? These extra fees are crazy though. I'm going HD and that's $5 extra and $14 for extra Cable boxes so $19 there.
Also how much do the On Demand services cost korsjs and can you watch them in HD or is that only for the original broadcast?

i don't have it to bad right now. cheaper than what i would pay dish or direct. i need to start figurering out what it will cost once the promo is up. i have a feeling fios tv is still a good half a year away and i don't have that much time.

Depending where you live, a lot of the OnDemand is free or included with the premium channel (like HBOOD, SHOOD, etc). All OD is SD as well. They do have HD OD, but its expensive ($6 a movie), and they only show 1-3 movies at a time. Right now they have Laurence of Arabia for FREE on HD OD. That's the first time I've seen any free HD OD movies.

Sarang said:
I got an offer that says they'll charge me $19.99 per month for a year. Is anyone familiar with this deal? I was originally planning on going to E* and getting their HD and International but now almost seems like an ideal time for me to ideal on Cable a while with the MPEG4 rollout on E* and the uncertainty of what's going to be provided.
The package seems to be Digital Plus and they tell me there's NO contract with this just the fact I can have it for a year at this price and it seems to cover the basics everyone in my house would be interested in for channels. I also wanna tag on HDTV and am thinking about an HD DVR. Will the HD DVR cost more than one of Comcast's regular DVR's or what? The price looks to be $35 a month after that. I'm also curious about Comcast's International offerings, specifically Korean channels. Also how much do the On Demand services add to the cost of the Cable bill?
Soz for all the big questions. Any caveats one might advance here, to this deal? I was checking the website and they say there's a one time fee for the package of "$19.95" and "$55.00" for HDTV. I assume this has to deal with Installation. Sorry for the mouthful.

What do you have to loose? There is no contract and the one year deal does give you time until both D* and E* get their act together with MPEG4.

I was told back when I signed up for the deal by the salesperson that after the year they might give you an extension or special package deal. This is so you don't go back to D* or E*. That will remain to be seen when my year is up.

I do recommend that you talk to a rep from your local office to sign you up. You will get a better deal than calling the 800 number. You should also get free installation with the deal.

Bulldog is correct. I'm with comcast for the moment (no later than June 2006) waiting for D* or E* to get some real HD. Or for Fios to be available to me as well. Hopefully one of the three will happen before June. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)