Thinking about moving back to DirecTv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Cable + CableCard + WMC = $2 in junk fees for whole home DVR in 5 TV household. If you're tired of overpaying, dump satellite like I did. I now have 6 tuners and 3 TB recording space and 170 HD channels, far more than I ever had with Dish or DirecTV.

Cable + CableCard + WMC = $2 in junk fees for whole home DVR in 5 TV household. If you're tired of overpaying, dump satellite like I did. I now have 6 tuners and 3 TB recording space and 170 HD channels, far more than I ever had with Dish or DirecTV.

Wish my QAM tuner had a CableCard slot...

I would stay away from Server/Client systems like the Genie and just get a normal HD DVR for each room that you need that in and HD

DishCrapwork started this stupid trend and I think it's a horrible set up, if the Genie/Hopper quits, your whole house is without TV until it's fixed. I prefer every TV in the house to operate independently from one another.

Can you get a normal HD Directv DVR for free? And what's this $99 for single room setup? Does this charge even apply to an existing setup like I have with the Dish Vip612 where you already have a single line coming from the floor and splitter used at end to attach it to the 2 inputs on the back of the receiver?

The offer mailing I got from Directv to come back is $19.99 Entertainment package

Which would be + $15 fee (HD + DVR) = $34.99
Last 12 months: $57.99 (2014 price) + $15 = 72.99

So I see at bestbuy.directv.com they are offering a $150 gift card. When I click order now at the top right, it says 9 days left and get a $100 Directv visa card.

So I see at bestbuy.directv.com they are offering a $150 gift card. When I click order now at the top right, it says 9 days left and get a $100 Directv visa card.

If you happen to be a Costco member you get a $10/month credit and a $200 Costco gift card. We love our Hopper system but will likely switch when our contract is up to save money.

I would stay away from Server/Client systems like the Genie and just get a normal HD DVR for each room that you need that in and HD

DishCrapwork started this stupid trend and I think it's a horrible set up, if the Genie/Hopper quits, your whole house is without TV until it's fixed. I prefer every TV in the house to operate independently from one another.

Depending on how many TVs you want to feed, the cost to have additional HRxx HDDVRs is about $200 each upfront. That can add up quick!

A better way might be to get a Genie, minis for lightly used TVs and HRxx for TVs used a lot. Keeps the upfront cost down, doesn't change the monthly cost and is probably the best way to configure, imo.

Depending on how many TVs you want to feed, the cost to have additional HRxx HDDVRs is about $200 each upfront. That can add up quick!

A better way might be to get a Genie, minis for lightly used TVs and HRxx for TVs used a lot. Keeps the upfront cost down, doesn't change the monthly cost and is probably the best way to configure, imo.

Um, can't H24's access content on the DVR via wholehomenetworking (DECA)?

Yes, they can access recorded content on all units. They can't set recordings and such except on themselves.

My point was that at $200 each for additional HRxxs you might want to consider a mix. No sense in paying $200 for a box that would get light use.

I called the AAA number to switch. Directv installer coming this morning. :D There's a delivery charge of $19.95 + tax. Estimated first bill - $29.99 for entertainment package.

Nope, not a Costco member. I am an AAA member though. $10 discount for $20 months in addition to Directv's promotional offer www.aaa.com/directv

I see you already made the move !
However, for others info, you dont need to be a Costco member to go thru Costco ....
Just go to the door and tell them you need to go see the D* rep and they will let you in.
Costco sub not required to use thier plan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.