Thinking about signing up for directv from Comcast. Any advice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

traver421

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
jax, fl
Any advice on what equipment set up and good deals on a new customer for directv ? I have found so far signing up through Costco and using my dad as a referring customer. Anyone know when directv will have wireless receivers with the genie ?

Thanks

Last edited:
how many tvs?
i do not like clients
i would advise to get receivers or other dvrs
the fact that a client uses a tuner for the dvr is a dealbreaker on it for me

Keep comcast for internet, i use genie and clients, but for the same monthly fees, i wish i just paid the up front upgrade charges to get hd boxes or more dvrs.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Also from what ive heard the c41s are not yet wireless, and techs are being told to always wire the wireless ones unless the is literally no other options, this is in testing from what i know.

Make certain the receipt you get from the Costco salesman spells out exactly what equipment you want. Even if he says its all ok if it doesn't spell it out, don't accept it. Don't let the install go in if it isn't exactly what you want.

Thanks for the help, the current package deal is for 4 boxs with the genie. I guess it will do

So is there a way when I sign up I say only if I get hr44 set up for the wireless clients ? I live in Jacksonville fl

I dont think the wireless clients are available nationally yet, youll be rescheduled quite a few times, since everyone but the techs are going to lie to you to get the sale.

I too would not get clients. The boxes may be more up front but if you plan to stay with directv for a while it is a good investment imo.

I have comcast and charter available at my house so i use charter for internet/phone. Charter is 30mbps

Another option while somewhat unconventional is to check ebay for customer owned boxes, lots of times you can get dvrs for under 200 and hd boxes for less than 100, just make sure to check the rid, then tip your installer to set up all the rooms in the house. Get a genie from dtv with the install and have cust owned boxes added.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)