thinking: EAGLE ASPEN DTVP3DS DIRECTV SATELLITE DISH ANTENNA of purchasing a

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

oakvillecub

Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
can someone tell me if this will work well for dishnet 119 and 110, have no use for the 3rd.

Is the LMB more sensitive than others, i have had a few single LMBs before
and an old one off of direct tv dish and the direct tv dish lmb was way more sensitive and gave a quality signal 20 units higher.

i am cautious about buying lmbs now because i guess you can get ones that are less sensitive than others now.

thanks

This is the Dish Network Forum. You may want to post this over in the DirecTV Forum or maybe a moderator will move it for you.

Well, he IS asking about using it for E*.

And the answer is probably not - D* does weird crap with transponder translations.

Bottom line: Go with the right gear - don't try hacking it up. A D500 works just fine - unless you're WAY north (as I note from the "ca" in your email addy.

P.S. It's a BAD idea to put your email address in your sig - or any public post, you're gonna get SPAMed by the SPAMbots.

Edited to protect the user from spam :) Welcome to Satelliteguys :) :wave You should be able to use the dtv dish w/ dish as long as its not a phase III dish.. If its a phase III dish then its useless.. If its a older type dish that requires the sat c upgrade kit then your good to go.. hope this helps

Actually, only the Phase I dish can be used for E*. The Phase II dish has a multiswitch built into the W bracket. You'd have to get a Phase I bracket to use it with E*. The Phase III that the OP is refering to will NOT work properly with E*. The LNB defaults to the 101, and the 22khz tone defaults to the 119. The 110's trans 28/30/32 are down converted to the 119's trans 8/10/12. Also, D*'s receviers read the signal stregth differently with only a scale of 100 instead of E*'s 125, so it's hard to make a good comparision. When I have time, I will set up a Phase I dish for the 110/119/129 to see how it works with an SW64.

larrystotler said:
Actually, only the Phase I dish can be used for E*. The Phase II dish has a multiswitch built into the W bracket. You'd have to get a Phase I bracket to use it with E*. The Phase III that the OP is refering to will NOT work properly with E*. The LNB defaults to the 101, and the 22khz tone defaults to the 119. The 110's trans 28/30/32 are down converted to the 119's trans 8/10/12. Also, D*'s receviers read the signal stregth differently with only a scale of 100 instead of E*'s 125, so it's hard to make a good comparision. When I have time, I will set up a Phase I dish for the 110/119/129 to see how it works with an SW64.

Thanks for the clarification :) Im not too big on d*.. I knew that the older dishes were good but not the newer ones..

thanks for all the info, i was hoping to use this phase 111 dish for dishnet 110 and 119, still kinda not sure if it will work or not, thought the 101 might just pull in a few bonus channels on top of the 119 and 110 i want to use it for

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts