Thinking of buying a Gbox V3000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you need to control the servo with an old analog receiver it probably would be easier if it also controlled the actuator motor. Wouldn't be very user friendly to use 3 components to watch satellite TV..... the Gbox for actuator, analog receiver for polarity servo and the AZbox for channel tuning.

Brian
The analog receiver I have, does not support KU band, cband only. I thought through the FTA STB I could control both and thru the analog receiver I could switch the Horz and Vert.

It doesn't matter what bands the analog receiver supports as you will only be using it to control where the dish points and select the polarity.

Connect the actuator and the servo to the analog receiver and program each satellite position. Connect the LNBs to the AZbox and either use a multi-switch modified to provide 18+vdc on all LNB ports or set the AZbox to only horizontal polarity and use a DiSEqC or 22khz switch to select the band.

This will be a pain in the rear manage..... Personally I would swap out the feedhorn assembly to either an inexpensive LNBF or if you require performance, an orthofeed.

It doesn't matter what bands the analog receiver supports as you will only be using it to control where the dish points and select the polarity.

Connect the actuator and the servo to the analog receiver and program each satellite position. Connect the LNBs to the AZbox and either use a multi-switch modified to provide 18+vdc on all LNB ports or set the AZbox to only horizontal polarity and use a DiSEqC or 22khz switch to select the band.

This will be a pain in the rear manage..... Personally I would swap out the feedhorn assembly to either an inexpensive LNBF or if you require performance, an orthofeed.

Hey Brian thanks!
Do you carry the ortho feed?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)