thinking of buying a NEUSAT 9000 HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have tv out on receiver connected to TV ant input! This is my small 13" without much except a video and audio rca jack.I will try hooking up to my hdmi tv after supper!Thanks for the help

It will work with the HDMI, trust me. I worked on one for my friend and experienced the same thing until I found that the factory f/ware was buggy in this respect of output selections. it appears that it's either disabled or dead.

If you plan on using the RCA out's then you'll have to upgrade the f/ware to hackware. The hacker's found the solution by tweaking the Captain 8000 f/ware to work on the Neusat, it was mainly for hack support, not the video issue. The video solution was just an added bonus. The factory Neusat GUI is much better looking, I prefer it and the Captain GUI is darker blue and black and hard to see but the menu layout is very similar.

Wow, this is something I'd probably never know about except reading it here. My 9000HD is connected to the TV with component video cables. Works fine. I'll never use any of the SD outputs anyway so no problem for me.
Interesting, though....

Neusat 9000HD

Mainly I purchased this Neusat because of my SP6000, that now is a great BlindScan receiver and has so many things you can do manually. Besides, I just liked the Neusats, they never really got a chance...Underdogs..lol

I am really happy McGuyver posted this about the RCA connections, I would have totally went bonkers. I always use those connections, rarely if ever do I connect my receivers differently. I doubt I would have even thought about trying a different output, I prolly would have boxed it up and asked for a refund. I just hope mine works with the RCA connections and I don't have to use the 3rd party firmware. It's about almost impossible to find the actual factory software, I would hate to try and locate the 3rd party stuff.

Does the 9000 have USB or not? I was reading some do and some don't or maybe I mis-read that.

Anyway I am glad some people have good success with the receiver that's a plus and gives me hope.

Does the 9000 have USB or not? I was reading some do and some don't or maybe I mis-read that.
Mine does. There's a door on the front right side, the USB port is behind it. I have 2 Neusat 9000's, one of them hasn't been out of the box yet, but the one I'm using has it (USB)

Last edited:
Ironsides, the 9000 has a USB in the front panel behind the door. I have the factory f/ware but it takes a special file to reverse the conversion which is not available without joining a hack site and paying for membership.

Thanks all! I got a menu and did a set up!motor seems to be working!did a blind scan on AMC6 but no sig or quality for the first min or two into scan so i beleive a Dish adjustment is in order.I wanted to use my portable tv for outside set up to monitor while adjusting dish but that looks like a no go at least for now till i get a firm ware update visa USB.Ok first question! set disk to true south by using goto zero which worked well!then picked go to position while AMC6 sat was picked on menu and dish seemed to move alittle more east than it should of.Shouldnt the dish set at zero move very little to 179.1 deg?.Next step i guess is to use the sat meter on roof while i have looking for AMC6.Should i start adjusting the dish after i set goto position for AMC6?

So stanley, have you actually located the true south and have the motor and dish aimed properly? I read through the posts again and don't see any remarks about you having the motor aimed at your true south. Sorry but I'm a bit confused as to where you are in the setup. Maybe you can tell us from the beginning what you have done so far. I also suspect that your understanding of the motor concepts are off track a little. If I understand your comments correctly, the go to position for AMC6 won't work if you haven't yet located AMC6 and stored that position in the menu settings. The receiver has no idea where AMC6 is if you don't first tell it where your true south is and where AMC6 is. Are you using the USALS feature or the Diseqc 1.2? We need some details before we can guide you.

EDIT: Ok I see your other thread, I'll disregard this one then, sorry about that

Ok Another Question about this

Ok heres another Question about this Neusat 9000HD, Ok so we know that we can't add pid information manually. Now, I am wondering if we couldn't use a channel editor to add channels and transponder data and "pid" data? If so what channel editor?

Or is this another Pansat 250SM with no hope of finding a channel editor program! LOL

Wow, I wish I had the darn thing I would love to see the menu and screens. Some of the manual entery might be like the SP6000 and hidden away...

Last edited:
So stanley, have you actually located the true south and have the motor and dish aimed properly? I read through the posts again and don't see any remarks about you having the motor aimed at your true south. Sorry but I'm a bit confused as to where you are in the setup. Maybe you can tell us from the beginning what you have done so far. I also suspect that your understanding of the motor concepts are off track a little. If I understand your comments correctly, the go to position for AMC6 won't work if you haven't yet located AMC6 and stored that position in the menu settings. The receiver has no idea where AMC6 is if you don't first tell it where your true south is and where AMC6 is. Are you using the USALS feature or the Diseqc 1.2? We need some details before we can guide you.

EDIT: Ok I see your other thread, I'll disregard this one then, sorry about that
its ok! Im having fun learning!hope im not frustrating you guys too much:eek:
I set true south with a compass and also using dish pointer with a pretty good view of my home to visualize true south.ill be using my other thread for getting things rolling unless there is a general Neusat question here.

Ok heres another Question about this Neusat 9000HD, Ok so we know that we can't add pid information manually. Now, I am wondering if we couldn't use a channel editor to add channels and transponder data and "pid" data? If so what channel editor?

Or is this another Pansat 250SM with no hope of finding a channel editor program! LOL

Wow, I wish I had the darn thing I would love to see the menu and screens. Some of the manual entery might be like the SP6000 and hidden away...

There is a channel editor and I have it.

I have my Neusat hooked up with HDMI to my TV, but I also have the RCA connectors hooked up to my DVR, I can watch and record from it, but I cannot see the channels to change them, or use the Menu function, I was wondering what the hell, but now I know, it is a minor inconvienience for me, but yes the bug is there.
Terry

Have you used it on your Neusat, I can't figure out how to get the channel list onto a usb drive, any help would be appresheated.
Terry
No I haven't used it yet, as I glanced through the channel editor features it looks like there's a file transfer mode for data and program files, I don't know if this editor even works as they claim but I never found any complaints posted so maybe it's the key to upload the channel data. I also have read and witnessed a problem with the stb recognizing the usb thumb drive with the factory f/ware so when I installed the Captain conversion file I had to use the boot flash mode.

What about adding satellites? I see that at the end of the satellite list are a few user defines!im guessing this is where you can add a Satellite but it dosnt show how.
I haven't played with that feature yet either so I can't say if it works or how to use it. I have been occupied with so much lately that I haven't had time to do much testing on this box. If any of you want the channel editor please PM me.

umm

Umm, after a couple of hours playing on Google I came across a site that had a lot of factory files for the Neusat as well as the conversion to Captain and the roll back file that turns it back into a Neusat. I found a couple of Channel editors but they are all for the SP6000 or the regular 6000. I ran across several other files that claimed to fix a lot of the issues with 9000 like the usb thing and other bugs but those were 3rd party and I didn't download them...

So, I am tried and going to bed, have a good time playing with the Neusats..I will if mine ever gets here...LOL

Tried my Neusat 9000 again today knowing that my dish set up is now working well with my new sat hawk and signal strength plus quallity are still dead.Anyone ever seen this problem before.I will tinker with it in the future to see if i can get it to work.

Hi

I just got the Neusat 9000HD and haven't played with it very much but I discovered really quickly that when in the installation menu and you decided on a Satellite, IF you didn't make sure when you select the satellite to tell it ok and get that little check beside the satellite name, you could sit there all night trying to get it to see a signal and dudes it ain't happening. That check has to be on the satellite name..then you go into settings and tell it your correct settings for lnb type and make sure you see and active transponder in it's list.

I was trying last night to do a User defined Satellite and went through the whole setup and could NOT get a signal knowing full well I had signals on my Dreambox.

Went back today and accidently put a check on the User Define and then went into the settings for it Had a signal just as soon as I setup for the DiseQc sw...
Then I Went in and added all the transponder data for Galaxy 25 I think it was, and did a transponder scan and found all channels..

The receiver has some bugs but actually after playing with it today, I really like it. I like The Coolsat 8000HD by far better but for the money the 9000HD is not a bad receiver. The Nuesat SP6000 is by far a better FTA box but for HD the 9000 does ok...Just the Coolsat does it better as does the Pansat 9200HD! LOL Actually the 9000HD is a pretty decent HD receiver I am just kidding..a little bit!

Last edited:
Hmm

Thanks ironsides but i do believe that i added the check after the sat name.

Dude sorry you are having troubles... You know forsure you have a good signal and quality because you've checked it with another receiver.

You know the setttings are correct, you are not using a diseqc sw and going straight to the lnb. Your lo settings are correct and lnb type is correct...

You've double checked everything and made sure all settings are correct and you have the check on the satellite. You have active transponders, the works..

Not sure what to tell you about it, could be a bad tuner, bad power supply or bad connection..So I am not sure what else it could be...Good luck with it and hope you get it figured out.

Actually I like mine, there are so few channels that I haven't been able to get, and I do have most of them on my SD box that it doesn't bother me, if I had to complain about one thing...well first it would be no manual PID entry, after that there are a few times I can put in the manual information for a treasponder, get a good strong signal then push the scan button and nothing, that does bug me to no end, other then that as I said I am happy with the box.
Terry

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts