thinking of buying a NEUSAT 9000 HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Did some playing around with the 9000 and this is what i came up with.I couldnt find AMC9 so i switched to my sathawk to lock onto it then switched back to the 9000. I set up AMC9 RTN's TP on the users define on Sat list and saved.Did a scan on AMC9 and it found the TP and stored it in the channel list!RTV can in great.Turned unit off then on again and motor scanned for RTV found it then lost it!Looks like motor just passed over it.Maybe im doing something wrong but it seems that motor wont stop at right spot for the user define.

It seems to be a glitch with this stb, the settings get lost somehow and you have to go back into the menu and store the settings again, after 2 or 3 times it sinks in, go figure. I had to do this everytime I scanned another sat, had to go back and set the switches and motor position for the sats I already had set. I hate having to do things 2 or 3 times but it will or should work.

I had a bit of a scare with mine yesterday, I turned it on went to boot, stayed there, I unplugged it, waited plugged it back in, would not fire up, unplugged it waited longer same story, unplugged it, took the top off, looked it over, couldn't find anything burnt, pushed on the ribbon connectors, none seamed loose, plugged it in worked just like it should, haven't had a problem since.
Terry

It might have got a little screwy

I had a bit of a scare with mine yesterday, I turned it on went to boot, stayed there, I unplugged it, waited plugged it back in, would not fire up, unplugged it waited longer same story, unplugged it, took the top off, looked it over, couldn't find anything burnt, pushed on the ribbon connectors, none seamed loose, plugged it in worked just like it should, haven't had a problem since.
Terry

It could have gotten a surge during the night and it scrambled it's tiny little brain. I Put all mine on surge protectors and use those in-line surger protectors on the coax. I have seen some strange things happen to receivers when lightening is in the area. If it lights the night sky up things happen! LOL!

I noticed the Neusat tends to run a little warm so I am working on a solution for that...Hope it works out, if it does, I will share my kids idea...

I have been checking out the Neusat 9000 again and have figured out how to use the user define to add a sat.AMC9 and rtv is now added to the receiver.the one thing that i have found that is a pain is the blind scan!Its very slow and locks up!.Would one of the firmware updates make blind scanning any better?.For now i have been adding new TPs manually which is much slower than a working blind scan.

To get AMC 9 I just took a sat that I cant reach on the horizon and used that instead of one of the user defined ones, I really haven't had trouble with blind scans, and I have not updated the firm ware, it makes one wonder why there can be so many differences in these units.
Terry

I used my blind scan again last night and many times when it found a tp it would then just lock up!I don't need to reset receiver!just end the scan.Any good sites for finding the firmware updates?will updating firmware cause me to loose all favorites and need to redo again? one that i have found you need to pay$$ to join and get.Other wise this receiver works well!in the process of populating it then will make a comparison of it versus the Solomend.

This receiver has issues sure, for a cheap price, it works good if you slave it to a Coolsat 5000 or 6000. picks up HD 4:2:0. I scan with coolsat, then enter found coordinates in. Sports feeds in 4:2:0 format, G16 abc hd, AMC 1 ion hd, plays fine, etc.. If you have a tv with several inputs, connect Coolsat to one Neusat to other. I have just a couple satellites entered; plus one sat called C-band feeds the other ku-band feeds, that I enter feeds in. It will be easier next football season as I purchased an Azbox elite!!

Neusat 9000 will run hot in any cabinet, I had to set outside cabinet by itself. With no other receiver on top. No more issues. Another thing about receiver, It will play ac-3 through audio video, coax. It will play sound on pbs feeds on amc 21. This receiver had several updates, converting to Captain 8000, etc. None will help pick up anything illegal, but will help receiver with DISEQC , sw 21switches. I have had receiver for several years, best used as a slave to coolsat. I found coolsat will find signals other receivers will not plus work switches more fluently. Any signal coolsat shows as HD scrambled or ac-3: I enter said feed into neusat

Im thinking of upgrading to latest firmware ver. and have downloaded neuhd_patch0015.bin.I placed it on a mem stick and now would like to do the upgrade but not sure how?.can anyone help?

It would be

It would be sweet if someone would take up working on firmware for the Neusat 9000 like what was done with some of the Coolsat models. Not just with Neusat but other receivers out there that suffer from bad firmware.

I'd like to see manual pid entry added and be able to edit the sat names among a few other things.

I added an InterCooler to all my receivers and it works fantastic! The InterCooler was originally designed for the X-Box 360 and was designed to work through vent slots. It's not the perfect solution but it works very well.
The InterCooler also have a temp sensor and turns the 3 fans on and off depending on temp! Very simple to install, mod the clips on the InterCooler and pop them into the receiver air vent slots and you are secure. Power it up by using the external power supply and you have 3 nice cooling fans, blowing in Push, Pull and within seconds your receiver is cool, cool and cool. You can purchase the InterCooler online or at Walmart for $20 or less.

It's not the perfect solution for heating issues but imho is well worth the money. You can also remove the fan unit from the InterCooler case and mount them inside the receiver if you have room. I took the easy install and just filed the clips down some and popped it on my receiver. Actually I have only done 2 of them so far, the others just sit on top without any problems...

The InterCooler can also be installed in Entertainment Centers to keep fresh air on other equipment. That works well also! I used some filters I had to help prevent dust problems which was an add on mod but all my stuff runs so much cooler now. I even tested an InterCooler on my HD TV just for the fun of it and Was shocked at how much cooler it ran. HD TV's really produce a lot of heat...

Somthing weird is happening!Dont know if this happens to any other channel but when im watching RTV!after an hour or so the audio shuts off!turning the receiver off then on again brings it back,Its happened a few times now.

Somthing weird is happening!Dont know if this happens to any other channel but when im watching RTV!after an hour or so the audio shuts off!turning the receiver off then on again brings it back,Its happened a few times now.
Mine does the same thing, I just now had to restart it to get the audio back, actually mine seams to do it if I have the receiver on and have been on a different input for the tv then when I switch to that input and it connects with the HDMI cable it seams to loose audio, but not always only after the receiver has been on for a wile.
Terry

wow

Wow guys, your seeing a lot of problems I've never seen and I am hoping I don't start seeing. That sound drop migh just be an HDMI problem so you might solve that by adding audio cables to your receiver. Some HDMI ports are buggy on tv's themselves not just the Neusat. I know earlier TV's had some issues with the HDMI ports. Try adding an audio cable to your receivers and see if the sound still drops out.

Yea buddies, hope I don't start seeing these issues as my Neusat starts to age. So far I've been very lucky not to have experienced some of the issues others have. Personally I think it's firmware and also possibly a MFG defect on some of the receivers. Quality on that run of Receivers must have been a hit and miss...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)