Thinking of leaving D*TV for Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

veener88

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
After my last experence with Direct TV I am getting a little ticked and with my contract up in August I am thinking of leaving them. 3 times now I have been told that I would have a supervisor call me and they have not called me yet. Since I have Cingular Wireless, ATT Lan line phones, and DSL with ATT I am thinking of doing the full package deal.

What I am wondering is Dish right for me. I am doing a lot of searching on this board and it looks like my HD setup would be a lot better with Dish.

This is what I have with D*TV. I have all chanels the $99 package with local, with HD on a set, a normal set, and a SD set with DVR. Right now my bill is about $120 a month with everything.

I just have had D*TV for about the last 4 years so I am having a hard time thinking of moving over but after this last thing I am not sure what to do. All my equipment I bought it is not under lease. So I am not 100% sure what I can do with all my old stuff if I leave D*TV.

How is Dish in the Chicago market? I have about 2 months to think this all over and I am not sure what I want to do right now but I am just not liking getting blown off by D*TV right now and for the first time I want to leave them.

Thanks for any help on this. My only option for cable is Comcast and we left them long ago and we do not want to go back. Living out in the county with them if horrable with lines go down for down time.

Well comcast is not a big thing but WGN is. So we would not have the Chicago WGN station then just the national version?

I just had Dish Network installed on Sunday. Finally left Comcast! I'm in the Chicago area and the HD locals (CBS, NBC, ABC, and FOX) come in great. And the large amount variety of HD channels available is great. :) I'm loving Food Network and National Geo in HD.

The digital picture quality TOTALLY beats Comcast. I'm astounded.

Take advantage of the free ViP 622. We received the HD DVR ViP 622 and the DishPlayer 625 (which is the SD version DVR). So we have DVR on ALL four TVs for absolutely no upfront cost.

I'm totally satisfied with my service. There was a storm on Monday and there was no outages or anything. :)

I live in Manteno, keep in mind that you can get WGN, WCIU and WTTW, WPWR, All in HD (WCIU, WGN for sox cubs and bulls games) Very easily with an Over the air antenna for free. There all on the UHF band so a square shooter might do you some good depending on how close to the city you are. I have a dish network setup (two 622's) with both of mine hooked up to an over the air antenna. Im not looking back eather. All that I need to seal the deal from never leaving dish Is Comcast Sports Net HD. That could make its way to dish later on this summer if not, the latest would be next year.

After my last experence with Direct TV I am getting a little ticked and with my contract up in August I am thinking of leaving them. 3 times now I have been told that I would have a supervisor call me and they have not called me yet. Since I have Cingular Wireless, ATT Lan line phones, and DSL with ATT I am thinking of doing the full package deal.

What I am wondering is Dish right for me. I am doing a lot of searching on this board and it looks like my HD setup would be a lot better with Dish.

This is what I have with D*TV. I have all chanels the $99 package with local, with HD on a set, a normal set, and a SD set with DVR. Right now my bill is about $120 a month with everything.

I just have had D*TV for about the last 4 years so I am having a hard time thinking of moving over but after this last thing I am not sure what to do. All my equipment I bought it is not under lease. So I am not 100% sure what I can do with all my old stuff if I leave D*TV.

How is Dish in the Chicago market? I have about 2 months to think this all over and I am not sure what I want to do right now but I am just not liking getting blown off by D*TV right now and for the first time I want to leave them.

Thanks for any help on this. My only option for cable is Comcast and we left them long ago and we do not want to go back. Living out in the county with them if horrable with lines go down for down time.

Have you told them to cancel your service?.That will be the time that the red flag will go up.At least that what happened for me and I could not believe how much Directv wanted my business until then.But they made a believer out of me.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts