Thinking of "moving" but DirecTV doesn't like address

Status
Please reply by conversation.

harrisburgpatv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
Mechanicsburg, PA
Unless things have changed with the Signficantly Viewed channels in the area, I was debating "moving" to Dorchester County, MD (I have a friend who lives there). The locals are Salisbury, but there are some significantly viewed channels for Baltimore showing up too. Only issue - in checking for locals on the DirecTV Website, it doesn't like any of the addresses in that county. For arguments' sake, I tried multiple addresses and ZIPs but it said "invalid address" for all of them. Would DirecTV also be unable to pull up an address as well?

Untitled.jpg

Don't forget that SV channels are in sd only, at least they are in my dma.

I didn't try ALL of the Zip codes but the few I tried all came up "Invalid Address" when plugging random addresses into them (which as I said, was for testing..not going to use a random address).

I didn't try ALL of the Zip codes but the few I tried all came up "Invalid Address" when plugging random addresses into them (which as I said, was for testing..not going to use a random address).
all you do is use one of the zips posted above....find an address that is legit and tweak it (like if its 820 87th AVE W...make it 822). Reason is if there is DIrectv already there a red flag goes up

Well then I'd like my SV channels in HD please!
I was going to say maybe the spotbeam doesnt cover it but NY HD's are CONUS (for distants) so throw out that idea

whats weird is MOST (didnt say all) SV stations are in HD (if available)

use your buddys address, just add an A to it

Unless things have changed with the Signficantly Viewed channels in the area, I was debating "moving" to Dorchester County, MD (I have a friend who lives there). The locals are Salisbury, but there are some significantly viewed channels for Baltimore showing up too. Only issue - in checking for locals on the DirecTV Website, it doesn't like any of the addresses in that county. For arguments' sake, I tried multiple addresses and ZIPs but it said "invalid address" for all of them. Would DirecTV also be unable to pull up an address as well?
Add a suffix to the address.
Examples.
123 main street unit A
123 main street #1 or APT #1....
NIce and easy

I've always stayed away from apt # add ons....the rep use to ask me "do you have the landlord permission?"

Even adding "A" to an address didn't help. Tried doing it with multiple sample addresses. I don't know what it is about that area...

I second Iceberg. What are you doing? You should be calling them and telling them you moved to a place with a dish and to change your service address to (insert address within DMA you want) and that you'll change the billing address online when you update it with the bank.

Are you trying to receive local channels via D*? If that is the case, I think they will only provide local channels for a single viewing area (Salisbury) not multiple viewing areas (Salisbury, Baltimore and Philadelphia). If you are trying to set up OTA channels you can try a scan for the local channels and put in zip codes for the Baltimore and Philadelphia areas. (Yes, I realize you are only virtually "moving").

Are you trying to receive local channels via D*? If that is the case, I think they will only provide local channels for a single viewing area (Salisbury) not multiple viewing areas (Salisbury, Baltimore and Philadelphia). .
wrong. DIrectv CAN provide SV stations. I posted an example above (the one the OP wants)
When I had D* I had Minneapolis locals and Mankato stations (Mankato is a 1 station market)

There is one county in Wisconsin that gets BOTH LaCrosse/Eau Claire locals AND Minneapolis stations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)