Thinking of switching over to Hopper

luis2k10

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
My current setup is a VIP 211 with an EHD, a VIP 922, and an old 301. I am moving to new home soon and thinking of switching over to the hopper to have that installed at the new house. What would be the remembered setup. Will it be one hopper and two joeys? And what are the advantages of this new system. Will I be able to watch and record a different program on each of the tv's? Also will the sling dish network android app work this new system since I do watch tv on my phone when I'm away from the house.

Thanks

Yes in your setup I would go with one Hopper and Two Joeys.

With the additional Sling Adapter (if you dont already have it) you would be able to watch your TV Everywhere on your Android phone. :)

I had a 922 and a 211k with EHD and upgraded to 2 Hoppers with 2 Joeys. I'm so glad I did. Originally I was going to go with just 1 Hopper but then I realized that I could have an extra Hopper for the same monthly cost. No brainer for me.

So the sling adapter is not built in like the 922. Thanks for that inf Scott.
Also can you pause and record different programs on all tv's at the same time?
yes the Sling Adapter is $30 and plugs into the Hopper.

And yes and and pause and record using each Joey just like you have a DVR in every room. :)

As I understand the Hopper system, it has three tuners. The Joey has zero tuners so it uses the tuners on the Hopper. Each show that you're recording takes a tuner from the Hopper. So if you're watching three different shows on three Joeys, you have zero tuners left for recording. Is that right?

As I understand the Hopper system, it has three tuners. The Joey has zero tuners so it uses the tuners on the Hopper. Each show that you're recording takes a tuner from the Hopper. So if you're watching three different shows on three Joeys, you have zero tuners left for recording. Is that right?

Correct, unless you enable PTAT since that only takes up one tuner and can record those 4 broadcast networks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)