This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Thinking of switching

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mark40511

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Lexington KY
To *D but I think I will ultimately be screwing myself based on the fact that I already have two HD dvr's ( 622's )with *E. For me to switch from *E to *D I highly doubt they will provide me with 2 hd dvr's unfortunately. If it weren't for that, I personally think I would be happier with *D. And can someone PLEASE do me a favor. Why does everyone here do the *E for Dish and the *D for direct without just coming out and saying Dish or Direct. I don't get it. I know that E stands for Echostar but still. Just curious. Maybe it's specified somewhere on this forum but I haven't come across it.

Well, with the current NFL deal they're giving 1 HD DVR for free, you'd probably have to pony up the $199 for the second, but you never know until you call and see.

As for your second question, just quicker I guess then typing it out. It started out with E* for Echostar (Dish) and P* for Primestar(long gone) and D* just was an extension of that shorthand.

Status
Please reply by conversation.