This billing practice doesn't seem right

SomeDishGuy let me see if I understand what you're saying, I need to know this.

So if a person cancels the freebies on the last day of the promo they will not be charged for the premiums on the auto payment even though the statement shows differently?

SomeDishGuy let me see if I understand what you're saying, I need to know this.

So if a person cancels the freebies on the last day of the promo they will not be charged for the premiums on the auto payment even though the statement shows differently?

That's correct. The "last day" is still going to be generally 10 days before the autopay goes through, so yes...if a customer calls in and cancels them on the last day (or sets them to not continue via their online account), the credit will then apply (usually midnight that night of the last day, or the next day), and the autopay will go through for the proper amount. Autopay is set to pay either the last bill balance, or the current balance, whichever is lower.

I've seen plenty of accounts where that happened. Bill due shows as $108.99, next line on our bill page is the two credits for $45.00 and $10.00, and 10 days after the next bill period starts, the actual autopay is (in this example) $53.99.

A disclaimer, some accounts are true "pay in advance", and those won't work that way. The problem is, for those types of accounts, the "last day" is the day the autopay comes out, so those customers will get stuck paying for the premiums, unless they do cancel and turn them off (literally turn them off early, not set to "Do Not Continue") at least a few days before the autopay is set to go through. The difference is the first type of account is the DHA account (Digital Home Advantage) versus the Flex TV or Flex24 style of account.

SomeDishGuy -- do you know if it's always been this way? Seems to me the billed amount used to be the autopay amount and then credits were issued on the following month's bill, but recently when I cancelled Multisport before the 6 month offer period was up it was exactly as you said, autopay charged the lesser amount.

SomeDishGuy -- do you know if it's always been this way? Seems to me the billed amount used to be the autopay amount and then credits were issued on the following month's bill, but recently when I cancelled Multisport before the 6 month offer period was up it was exactly as you said, autopay charged the lesser amount.

I can confirm it has been that way for a long time, at least for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)