This happened to my hopper 3

navy8ball

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 28, 2003
Henryetta,OK. 74437
At 1PM cst Thursday I was watching a recorded show when the screen went black and Hopper 3 is restarting logo came on and eventually a screen saying something about updating system after about ten minutes picture came back on but one of my folders labeled xmas movies was completely gone with about 7 movies gone. Another folder which contained different comedy shows one of which was the George Lopez shows all the Lopez shows were gone but the other shows were ok. There was another folder that was go that contained some movies was gone and about six different movies were gone. These folder and shows were all gone and could not be found in any other folder the had been completely erased. Also the graph said the hard drive was 100% full and was in red. this went away later in the day and the graph went back to green at 70% full.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: TheKrell and LQQK
Is it possible the drive was full, one of your timers went to record and the software kicked in and deleted the oldest folder(s) to make room? Unplug it, wait a while, and plug it back in. I had something similar happen except instead of saying the drive was 100% full it showed it as being locked. Unplugging fixed it. Worth a shot.

At 1PM cst Thursday I was watching a recorded show when the screen went black and Hopper 3 is restarting logo came on and eventually a screen saying something about updating system after about ten minutes picture came back on but one of my folders labeled xmas movies was completely gone with about 7 movies gone. Another folder which contained different comedy shows one of which was the George Lopez shows all the Lopez shows were gone but the other shows were ok. There was another folder that was go that contained some movies was gone and about six different movies were gone. These folder and shows were all gone and could not be found in any other folder the had been completely erased. Also the graph said the hard drive was 100% full and was in red. this went away later in the day and the graph went back to green at 70% full.
Bizarre. I never had this happen in all my years with Dish. But I'll make a guess anyhow. :D

I think the disk file system became corrupted, causing fatal errors and the Hopper to reboot. At first the disk was 100% full because it wasn't all present. Eventually, the Hopper rebuilt the file system and made the space available again. But I think your movies were lost. Does this make sense?

I strongly recommend an EHD. Put everything you don't want to lose on that EHD, and then the internal disk can continue going downhill until Dish replaces it, at which time you won't care. All your important stuff will be on your EHD and that will be visible from your new Hopper.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts