Status
Please reply by conversation.

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
I had to get a replacement receiver sent to me and it's so cold I had to wait for the receiver to warm up before it would even load.

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1390926333.737749.jpg

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Now that's cold! I've never seen that before.

I have heard that before with maybe new tv's being delivered this time of year

Wow that is cold and never seen that before thanks for sharing!! :)

This is CLASSIC! That is cold.

As a programmer, there are some error messages that you figure will never be seen in actual usage, but you put them in there to explain why you cannot perform an operation. I'll bet they never expected a user to ever see this message.

I have had Both options in the Motorhome, too cold, wait for recvr to warm up ..... as well as the recvr is too hot and needs to cool down before your able to use it ... the heat I think was over 135* or there abouts.

I absolutely hate hate HATE seeing that screen! I take my receivers in as soon as I know we're good to go on the install/upgrade due to this screen

We see that screen and we are in lower Alabama. It's because when a receiver sits outside it's actually colder then what the temp is because of the fact it's made of metal and we have high humidity.

I have only seen it like twice though.

I guess this means, treat it like flatscreens whenever there new in a box in cold below zero weather, plus it would seem dangerous just plugging the receiver when it's been sitting in the car awhile outside, get the shock treatment :)

We see that screen and we are in lower Alabama. It's because when a receiver sits outside it's actually colder then what the temp is because of the fact it's made of metal and we have high humidity.

I have only seen it like twice though.

Um, really?

I am not talking this week. I am talking even 40 degree weather. But when you put it in wet air there is a difference. I can tell you I have heard people north of us don't get the message but at our office we sure do. But normally if we bring in the box at beginning of install it warms up more then enough to work just fine. Don't take long then.

Status
Please reply by conversation.