This Is Huge!!!

Indy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 13, 2004
Indiana
If you have HUGE NEWS about VOOM Please post it here! :)

As much as I would like to hear good or bad news about VOOM, I am willing to wait for official statements from CableVision at this time. Just sit-back, relax, enjoy VOOM and let the suits do their work. Also, I would suggest everyone contact CableVision's main Corporate number and voice your support in favor or VOOMs continued operation: (516) 803-2300

1 person = a single voice
30,000 people = an uproar

riffjim4069 said:
Also, I would suggest everyone contact CableVision's main Corporate number and voice your support in favor or VOOMs continued operation: (516) 803-2300

Now, that's a good idea/post. Good job riffjim!
And will do.

I called the number and told the receptionist why I called(Voom customer and love it) and she transfered my call to the Voom number for ordering! I guess they don't have the patience to deal with us.

OK, I got a return call from an escalated service call and spoke with a technical trouble shooter. This person was not a CSR, and knew alot more about Voom than any CSR I have ever talked to. I asked about what was going on and he indicated no one knows anything defintitive. However, as we were on the phone for a while, he did indicate their is scuttle around that Voom may become an HD service for cable and satellite (the exclusives) and be added to the channels that Cablevision already owns- but that it is just rumor.

The more I think about it, it would make more sense for this to happen than anything else I have seen posted recently. Wouldn't this mean they would still need most of the assets they didn't sell to E*?

If so, 2+2=4 every time.

Lars said:
OK, I got a return call from an escalated service call and spoke with a technical trouble shooter. This person was not a CSR, and knew alot more about Voom than any CSR I have ever talked to. I asked about what was going on and he indicated no one knows anything defintitive. However, as we were on the phone for a while, he did indicate their is scuttle around that Voom may become an HD service for cable and satellite (the exclusives) and be added to the channels that Cablevision already owns- but that it is just rumor.

The more I think about it, it would make more sense for this to happen than anything else I have seen posted recently. Wouldn't this mean they would still need most of the assets they didn't sell to E*?

If so, 2+2=4 every time.

I would say that is huge type news. This is what allot of us have speculated could happen. I for one do not have Cable Vision as my cable provider so I hope the programming would be available by one of the satellite providers and that is who will get my business when this all sorts out.

It's the main Corporate number. Tell the operator you wish to speak to someone from Corporate regarding VOOM and NOT VOOM Customer Support. Also, you can always ask to speak directly to Charles and/or James Dolan. I'm sure you'll be connected to an assistant, but you can always leave a message or voice mail.

riffjim4069 said:
As much as I would like to hear good or bad news about VOOM, I am willing to wait for official statements from CableVision at this time. Just sit-back, relax, enjoy VOOM and let the suits do their work. Also, I would suggest everyone contact CableVision's main Corporate number and voice your support in favor or VOOMs continued operation: (516) 803-2300

contact james directly at 516-803-1002 also at home http://directory.superpages.com/wp/...=james&WL=dolan&T=oyster+bay&S=NY&search=Find

One thing I left out- there seemed to me to be no hope of keeping the VOOM Sat service alive. We're oout of luck. Maybe part of the deal will be E* taking on the Voom originals and making us a nifty programming offer (I'll bet funded by CV).

Lars said:
One thing I left out- there seemed to me to be no hope of keeping the VOOM Sat service alive. We're oout of luck. Maybe part of the deal will be E* taking on the Voom originals and making us a nifty programming offer (I'll bet funded by CV).
Agree, that would be your best hope, and our good fortune as E* customers wanting more HD (along with the locals, RSN's and other E* features that we get now).

But what I think will happen is that Cablevision will try to continue VOOM as an independent programming provider (probably on a smaller scale) to cable and satellite services. If true, this would still give E* a leg up on D*, because they have the satellite in place now at 61.5 to broadcast additional content (at least to most of the CONUS).

I believe the best step at this juncture is the thread Sean stated intitled "Letters To Charles Dolan." Do your part and give it some deep thought, then in your kindest words post in that thread.

That sounds crazy to me. But We'll know more on Wednesday (hopefully) when E* holds their retailer chat, so they might tell them some stuff...

trm17118 said:
Guys, just saw this on the 4DTV forum page at

http://forums.satforums.com/SatForumMaster/index.php?msg=11453.1

Voom stated today that Echostar would run VOOM as a seperate entity due too its HIGH END "HD". Thus E* would have DISH and VOOM as individual entities.

Don't know if this is verified, but other forums are talking too.

Stated where, without a link it means nothing.
edit:

I looked at the post, no link.

bruce said:
edit:

I am a member of that forum so I asked bud2 who made the original post to sustantiate the information. Let you know if he does.

bruce said:
edit:

Bruce, sorry about that. I got to the forum by using a "guest" account. Once you do that, click on the 4DTV forum. They've got a couple of relevant discussions going on.

IF that's true, would Voom be able to use both sats at 61.5? In that case, all the 1 dish information we got from Voom before regarding channel expansion, would suddenly make sense.

But I just don't see what's in it for Charlie....

trm17118 said:
Bruce, sorry about that. I got to the forum by using a "guest" account. Once you do that, click on the 4DTV forum. They've got a couple of relevant discussions going on.

I did, thats how I noticed there was no link in that thread, so until there is, I would have to think someone made it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts