Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050228/nym238_1.html

JERICHO, N.Y., Feb. 28 /PRNewswire/ -- VOOM HD, LLC today announced that it is prepared to finance the continued expansion of the VOOM satellite service. Supported by the family interests of Charles and Thomas Dolan, VOOM HD, LLC has advised Cablevision that it continues to be interested in completing a transaction on the terms and conditions of the Letter of Intent into which the two companies entered several weeks ago. These include the purchase of assets and the assumption of liabilities related to the satellite service.

Said Tom Dolan, VOOM HD's CEO, "We are more than ever convinced of the viability of the VOOM service. We believe our offer to Cablevision is in the best interests of Cablevision's shareholders and VOOM's 46,000 subscribers across the nation. If we are able to complete negotiations with Cablevision, we are certain that VOOM HD will emerge as a robust new vendor providing a valuable alternative to the two services that now dominate the satellite industry."

VOOM is the first television service to provide a comprehensive array of high-definition (HD) programming for the rapidly growing but underserved HDTV audience. With a lineup of nearly 40 HD channels, VOOM delivers more HD programming than any other satellite or cable service provider. VOOM's HD lineup includes STARZ! HD, Encore HD, Showtime HD, Playboy Hot HD, ESPN HD, HBO HD and Cinemax HD, as well as an exclusive package of brand-new, commercial-free VOOM HD Originals such as WorldSport, Equator and Animania. The service also includes 87 of the most popular cable channels in standard- definition (SD), 23 digital music channels, and free over-the-air digital broadcast channels in HD, where available. VOOM is offered across the continental United States through local Sears retailers; at BrandsMart USA stores; and through O'Rourke Sales Company's independent electronics retailers with approximately 10,000 locations in all 50 states. Customers can also purchase the service by calling 1-800-GET-VOOM or by visiting http://www.voom.com.

Cablevision and VOOM should go into the THEME PARK business.

This has got to be the BEST roller coaster I have EVER been on!

Hmm, does cablevision lose less money by not completing the sale? Or is Dolan trying to lower the price?

This is increadable.

I have a picture in my head....

I see James Dolan sitting by his PC typing out these press releases saying Die VOOM Die, then I see Papa Chuck at another computer typing his press release and having Tom fax out his press release screaming "James you're out of the will!" :)

I say go Chuck!

All I did was go eat then watch Cops. In that time 6 pages were posted to a thread saying Voom is dead in 30 days then now this thread saying Voom is alive. Well what is it? A Zombie waiting to be buried or all is well and no worry?

I didn't hear anyone yell clear before the paddles were charged to shock Voom back to life!!!!

Scott Greczkowski said:
I see James Dolan sitting by his PC typing out these press releases saying Die VOOM Die, then I see Papa Chuck at another computer typing his press release and having Tom fax out his press release screaming "James you're out of the will!" :)

LOL

It's just funny to see that 'the more fortunate' families seem to have the same issues as any other family.....

Wow

I can't take these it is like riding a rollercoaster who to believe i hope and pray Mr. Dolan could pull some tricks because i want my Voom i will not like it if it goes dark.

If it does go dark i will not get Cable or Sattelite i will stick to my local channels. :D

are you sure thats a real pr bus wire release..when i go to yahoo under CVC it does not show up...i hope it's so but this is getting frustrating and to think i will have to give that brat Jim my $$$$ to get HD

rang1995 said:
are you sure thats a real pr bus wire release..when i go to yahoo under CVC it does not show up...i hope it's so but this is getting frustrating and to think i will have to give that brat Jim my $$$$ to get HD
It is NOT a release from CVC ... it is a release from Voom HD, LLC.

JL

The second press relaease is real. But as justalurker points out it si for VOOM HV, LLC not CVC. Also while the headline talks about continued service the text states that VOOM HD,LLC is prepared to finance the transaction and intersted ins continuing Discussions. Only CVC can decide if the financing is adeqaute or the discussions will continue.

Jusat hold on here. Don't react emotionally. This is business. I know it is TV too and that is important to many. but it is business to the people involved.

vurbano said:
46,000 of us need to call Cablevision and light up their lines.
sounds like a plan, too bad only a small portion of those read this site...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts