This kind of sucks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
:mad: Satellite News from the Programming Center (800-432-8876)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MSNBC IS OUT AT THIS TIME

GOOD NEWS / BAD NEWS
The Good News is CNN/Headline News, TBS, TNT, CARTOON NETWORK Have confirmed they are staying on Analog till the end of 2006. We now sell them in all of our Packages & also in a Turner Package 2006, Call for details.

The Bad News TV LAND & Starz/Encore have left analog Dec. 31st 2005. Also, Jan. 2nd 2006, Cinemax on G5-16 ceased their analog feed as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately,NBC Universal Cable has determined that it will be unable to continue the analog transmission of the CNBC, MSNBC, and Bravo Services to C-band subscribers. And at the current time, NBC Universal Cable does not support 4DTV, and have no plans to do so in the future.

Effective Feb 28th 2006, the analog transmission for MSNBC (G1-10) will be terminated
Effective March 31st 2006 the analog transmission for Bravo (W4-22) and CNBC (W3-22 will be terminated

iammike said:
Trucker,

Here's a little more info I posted about this a few weeks ago:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=54926

It sounds like Bravo will definitely still be around on 4dtv. My guess is we'll still have access to CNBC and MSNBC one way or another. If I'm not mistaken, they're both FTA anyway.

Mike

Just noticed I was a little misleading earlier. When I said CNBC and MSNBC are FTA I wasn't referring to the analog feeds, but the mpeg2 dvb feeds that have been around for a good while now.

This is good news. I've just unplugged my 920 to map them and they come in great except 510 WPIX. I hope this isn't going to be a 922 vs. 920 issue channel. Now I'm re-downloading the program guide, which was lost when I unplugged the 4dtv for the maps.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts