This might seem weird...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

NateCohen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
But yesterday I was screwing around with my satellite dish. I put a cardboard box over it and somehow the signal was still great. How does this happen? lol. I guess that's why the dish is always working even when it's pouring out or blizzarding. Can the signal really go straight through a cardboard box? What stops the signal?

(Cleaned up the language a bit, remember we are a family board) :)

Materials that seem solid but are porous will allow signals through (think dish covers) however materials that reflect or are very dense, do not, such as trees or brick.

Materials that seem solid but are porous will allow signals through (think dish covers) however materials that reflect or are very dense, do not, such as trees or brick.

Damn Charper, you just blew my plans for a brick sat dish house. You see I was thinking that since my neighbor has this really cool doghouse I would one up him and give my best friend, my sat dish of course, a great home that would match mine, red brick of course! It was going to be a great day and you just ruined it!

OK, I admit, I am a bit bored today and neede to find something to go off on. Of course if we give it a day maybe some of the D* bashers can come in and explain to us that it's only D* sats that can't see through bricks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts