This setup needs a beatin'

OoTLink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
So recently, these are my problems:

*Downstairs 322: Anything local won't come up - whether it's on 110, 119, or 148, it just plain fails and sometimes dumps a switch error. Ironically, when going into point dish screen, all is fine and dandy with signal levels for everything.

*Upstairs 322: The locals work perfectly fine, no errors here, but the guide info will NOT stay on the receiver - give it like, an hour, and it would appear as if it suffers from amnesia and forgets all the info you spent 3 minutes downloading. :mad: - go more than 30 minutes ahead and the guide glitches up asking to download again.

Both hooked up to DP34 for 110, 119, and 148 (I said this already).

You might try disconnecting the Sat. In cable from the receiver and doing a check switch with it off.
When that is finished, put Sat. In cable back onto receiver and do another check switch test.
Then let it acquire signal and download guide.

Switch failure seems most obvious as both receivers are experiencing issues, then again what do you consider to be a " fine signal"?

BTW, been working on this:

Did the resets, and the upstairs box worked.. for a while anyway, then when I turned around - a few days later it forgot the guide again, as usual - it downloads fine (it always did), but the thing is every time you actually USE the tv you have to download it >_>

Downstairs one worked a bit better, than started doing the same thing again - I think it might just be the piece of crap wire between the receiver and my wall outlet (which somehow we didn't replace with RG6 .. oops?)

Meh :|

"which somehow we didn't replace with RG6 .. oops?"

and that's most likely the problem with that receiver. I don't know about the 322 but most receivers need to be turned off for them to download the guide. Are they on all the time?

Loss of locals on one, no program guide info on the other, Im thinking either a switch or an lnbf issue, resetting a receiver is only a bandaid on a gunshot wound fix.

RandallA . I don't know about the 322 but most receivers need to be turned off for them to download the guide. Are they on all the time?[/QUOTE said:
Receivers only need to be turned off for SW upgrades!!!!

Possible sw34 switch problem - we've seen individual ports go bad on 34s.

fred

Fredinva said:
Receivers only need to be turned off for SW upgrades!!!!

Possible sw34 switch problem - we've seen individual ports go bad on 34s.

fred
SORRY Fred but DISH receivers do need to be turned off to down load the guide info that is why DISH has programmed the inactivity mode into the DVRs.:)

OKay that might explain the guide but howcome they're not going off due to inactivity like they're supposed to? My downstairs one doesn't have that issue with the guide and that one's ALWAYS on too.

Oh, and it's not just locals - 110 and 148 flake out on both tuners on the downstairs one *shrug*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)