This shows what is on AMC-6

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
Nothing right now on AMC-6....I have scanned it on the FTA system and there is nothing there. if there was something testing, it would be picked up.

So nothing yet

It only shows what people report seeing. If people can't see it and don't reported it shows nothing.

VOOM is indeed transmitting on AMC6 aka Rainbow 2. :)

The lyngsat listings are user contributions. No contribution, no listing.

cfarm said:
The lyngsat listings are user contributions. No contribution, no listing.

It shows the "contribution" of who scanned them.

Scott Greczkowski said:
It only shows what people report seeing. If people can't see it and don't reported it shows nothing.

VOOM is indeed transmitting on AMC6 aka Rainbow 2. :)

Any idea what they are transmitting on Rainbow 2? Are they transmitting a test channel or perhaps all of their channels are duplicated on Rainbow 2 right now...

Dish Roamer said:
No, a bigger dish and new LNB are needed.

Like this :D

SATELLITE%20DISH.jpg

Stupid question time, I have a 10 foot C-Band dish. AMC-6 Already programmed in, although I do not have a KU band LNB, only C Band. Once the change over is made, could I just add a KU Band LNB and dual feedhorn, and use my Honkin 10 footer to get my Voom? That would be sweet, talk about no rain fade!!! and i could once again use my BUD for random wild feeds. *I know i still can, but too lazy to switch back and forth*

JaydeeD said:
Stupid question time, I have a 10 foot C-Band dish. AMC-6 Already programmed in, although I do not have a KU band LNB, only C Band. Once the change over is made, could I just add a KU Band LNB and dual feedhorn, and use my Honkin 10 footer to get my Voom? That would be sweet, talk about no rain fade!!! and i could once again use my BUD for random wild feeds. *I know i still can, but too lazy to switch back and forth*
You will have to have a Ku LNBF, it's the odd/even thing. But yes it should work assuming the STB is updated

riffjim4069 said:
Does this mean I can swing my dish over to 72 and see a signal on my VOOM receiver?

No besides needing a different dish and LNB, your set top box also needs new software. I understand this software is in testing and will be released in the near future.

Hey scott, do you have a timeframe or any idea on when the move to rainbow 2 might begin? Of course this all depends on what happens march 31st

Scott Greczkowski said:
No besides needing a different dish and LNB, your set top box also needs new software. I understand this software is in testing and will be released in the near future.

Oh my! More new software to look forward to... :)

-John

Iceberg said:
Nothing right now on AMC-6....I have scanned it on the FTA system and there is nothing there. if there was something testing, it would be picked up.

So nothing yet

There is stuff there. With the right equipment you can pick it up. A FTA system won't work. They are transmitting in a DC2 format and most of the time ITC. They've been testing since at least January.

Scott Greczkowski said:

There is something showing up on a spectral meter, but there is no way to tell who or what it is being sent just that something is being transmitted. As Scott pointed out you can't use the VOOM Receiver to see what it is, I tried :)

Anybody with a 4DTV motorola receiver scanning this satellite?

Just wondering if there is any person out there with both Voom and a 4DTV motorola receiver who is just scanning the satellite and seeing if anything indeed is going on such as channel tests, etc...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts