Thor!

I'm looking forward to it. "Advanced technology is like magic" isn't a new concept, but I'm willing to see how they integrate it into the mythos.

I'm looking forward to it. "Advanced technology is like magic" isn't a new concept, but I'm willing to see how they integrate it into the mythos.

The problem is the moved away for Norse Mythology and made them an advance alien race.

grydlok said:
The problem is the moved away for Norse Mythology and made them an advance alien race.

Or it's taking that mythology and looking at it through a new prism. How would early man even comprehend our modern technology? Would he think us gods since there would be no understanding of science to offer up an alternative explanation?

I'm willing to give the concept a shot and judge it afterwards. If not done well it could completely fail; but, done right, I think it could work.

I saw it and they never quite say that they are not the Norse gods. Then agin not even marvel ever claimed that we should all start worshipping Odin as the supreme being in the universe.

I liked it BTW and while a lot of women in the audience looked like they had been dragged in I think they enjoed Chris hemsworth's "performance".

Geronimo said:
I saw it and they never quite say that they are not the Norse gods. Then agin not even marvel ever claimed that we should all start worshipping Odin as the supreme being in the universe.

I liked it BTW and while a lot of women in the audience looked like they had been dragged in I think they enjoed Chris hemsworth's "performance".

I enjoyed it, it was much funnier than I expected. The friend I saw it with decided that her next vacation has to be down under (Hemsworth convinced her that a trip there would be fruitful).

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I've been a big Thor fan since I was a kid. Thor was the number one comic book I followed and still will pick one up today if I stop by a comic book store. I was very anxious to see this movie and how it would play out. I have to say I was very pleased. IMO they followed the comic book story line fairly close. Chris Hemsworth was terrific as Thor, and the other actors played the gods just as good. Natalie Portman and the other "Earthlings" did a great job too, with maybe just a smudge too much, let's say staring time, between Thor & Jane.

There was just enough humor added to give you a laugh here & there, but over all they played it serious (not like the way Seth Rogen turn the Green Hornet into just another Seth Rogen movie with action thrown in. Sorry, still very upset over that). The action scenes in Thor were great. What I like the most is the way Thor did things when fighting that he would do in the comic books. Also, the Destroyer, I felt was very well done. (For anyone who seen the remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still, and was upset by how Gort was, rest assured, the Destroyer is what Gort should have been.)

As far as the "alien" theme, I was very worried about that until I seen the movie. Again, IMO, I think they handled it very well...and even offer a explanation by Thor himself. Also, I was a bit nervous that Marvel decided to not have Thor become Dr. Blake, but after seeing the movie, I really think this was the right decision. I think it would have been a lot harder to make a good movie with Thor changing back and forth. Since Thor is really a god, it's not like Iron Man, or Spiderman, who are humans with added powers and just put on a costume. Also, though I hope the box office takes will seduce Marvel into making a sequel to Thor, it's very obvious that Thor is being used as a setup for The Avengers. I have a feeling Marvel is betting the farm on that movie.

One last note, I seen Thor in 2D. All reviews I read said 3D added nothing to the movie and at times took away from it. Since I haven't seen it in 3D I can't comment on that, but I will say it looked fantastic in 2D, and the Rainbow Bridge was pretty cool. Don't forget, Thor was post-production 3D.

Ghpr13:)

I liked the movie.

The only thing I thought was wrong with the movie is that it was just a background on Thor. He needed a super villian. It was more of a background fight with Loki.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)