Those !@#$!@# el cheapo diseqc switches

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thisBUDsforyou

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 9, 2007
Finally got the T90 assembled and hooked up. Tried connecting to the receiver with an Ecoda 22k switch to two 4X1 diseqc switches, the cheapo kind that come with receivers. Didn't work. Finally found a 2X1 switch that did work, and hooked up two 22k switches to that to get four sats to one receiver. But sheesh it would be nice to get 8 sats to one box as originally intended.

So the question for y'all is what brand and model 4X1 diseqc switch do you recommend that actually WORKS (and by works I mean after a 150 foot run of RG6)? On eBay I see Chieta switches going 10 for $16 and change (but I'm suspicious of anything that cheap), and Chieta "heavy duty" WSD-2041 switches 5 for $29.99 + $14.99 shipping. Anyone have any luck with these? Or how about Sadoun's DS41C or S-DS41C that they have on sale? What is the best dang 4X1 switch on the market, price be damned?

I use DMSI 4x1's and they have survived 4 Minnesota winters :)

Ebay usually has them.

Only other one I have is a Digiwave 8x1 (because the Visionsat supports Diseqc 1 1)

Yes I power off the receiver and unplug it before I touch the switches. Thanks for the Sat AV suggestion.

I use DMSI's just like Iceberg, and have no problems with them up here in Canada. I should add that I have it installed within a plastic electrical box with a cover on it from Home Depot, so its out of the weather.

I have three of the chieta heavyduty ones and they work well. they are extremely cheaply manufacturerd just so ya know. They seem reliable, and allways switch when they are told to, unlike many of the cheap switch's you get with an ird. but the quality control is non-exsistant.

I ordered 5 and 3 worked. 1 is dead as a door nail, wont switch. the other I didnt even try as it had something that sounded like metal bouncing around in there.

but the 3 that worked have been working for the last 2 years :)

I've had one of the DMSI sitting outside getting rained on for 2+ years. The backside is covered with rust but it still works. I guess they are pretty good.

I haven't used them but, I've heard good things about EMP Centauri. They aren't cheap though. I'm looking for a good quality switch myself. Alot of times I have to unhook my C band LNB to be able to scan in KU band channels. There must not be enough isolation in the ports. I'm currently using Ecodas.

I have some old pansat diseqc swithes that I have hot plugged a dozen times and never hurt them. I even sparked the coax one time to the dish creating a dead short and the switch didn't blow.

I have bought diseqc switches that were DOA.

It's just hit and miss with some of them.

Thanks to all who replied. I have some Chieta heavy duty 4X1's on order and I also bought some Digiwave 8X1 uncommitted switches I will be testing this weekend.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts