Those in the snow areas

Status
Please reply by conversation.
at9 with fresh 6-10 inches on ground working great at9 on second story roof, i already had to go out and brush off *ish 1000 above garage

I heard it's a good idea to spray you dish with cooking spray so it is very slick and snow just falls off. Anybody try it?

I heard it's a good idea to spray you dish with cooking spray so it is very slick and snow just falls off. Anybody try it?

The other day, I had my HR20 installed and got to talking with the installer. He told me that if you put Rain X on the surface of your dish, it helps with rain fade. I was always under the understanding that it was not what was on your dish, but how much and how heavy the rain was between your dish and the satellites. Has anyone had any experience with this?

The other day, I had my HR20 installed and got to talking with the installer. He told me that if you put Rain X on the surface of your dish, it helps with rain fade. I was always under the understanding that it was not what was on your dish, but how much and how heavy the rain was between your dish and the satellites. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Yes,
I have not found anything that actually works, I have tried a lot of things mentioned, the Pam and that type of stuff won't stay ON the dish, seeing it's designed to NOT stick !!!

I have found that the best solution is the new 5 lnb set up,I have yet to lose my signal since I had it installed.
Maybe it's at a slighly different angle .....????

Lou,
You are correct, it is all determined by the density of the storm clouds between you and the sat.

Jimbo

I don't live in a snow area even though Albuquerque, NM is about a mile high. This winter I've had lost signal 3 or 4 times. 2 or 3 of those times with less than two inches reported locally. Our biggest snow storm on record this year (16-18inches) easilly covered the dishes.

Usually TNTHD goes out first then XM879 and channel 95. But with a 3 story tree trimmer, a few towels, and some rubber bands, the dishes are fixed in minutes.

2 3lnb's
1 5lnb full size

I don't live in a snow area even though Albuquerque, NM is about a mile high. This winter I've had lost signal 3 or 4 times. 2 or 3 of those times with less than two inches reported locally. Our biggest snow storm on record this year (16-18inches) easilly covered the dishes.

Usually TNTHD goes out first then XM879 and channel 95. But with a 3 story tree trimmer, a few towels, and some rubber bands, the dishes are fixed in minutes.

2 3lnb's
1 5lnb full size
Did the 5 LNB dish channels go out, or just the 3 LNB one ?

Jimbo

The 5 LNB big dish goes out about the same time as the 3 LNBs in snow. It lasts a little longer when it rains during the monsoon season, meaning it takes more rain and larger clouds to disrupt the signal.

The 5 LNB big dish goes out about the same time as the 3 LNBs in snow. It lasts a little longer when it rains during the monsoon season, meaning it takes more rain and larger clouds to disrupt the signal.

How's your signal strengh ?

Jimbo

Well I can report that through two actual blizzards one that included "thunder snow", then another storm that dumped 6-10 inches of very heavy wet snow, and a thunderstorm to boot this winter...

I have not lost my signal once.

I have the AT-9. Very happy with it's performance. Have not had to brush it off.

Thankfully I have not lost signal this winter due to snow. Last summer and fall I did lose signal on a number of occassions due to rain.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts