Those of you with ReplayTV...

JKeats

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 6, 2005
Mine just came in and I'm currious... do you use the ReplayTV guide for surfing, or your Dish guide.

I'm a bit chan surfer... and the ReplayTV guide doesn't have the picture-in-picture thing that my 301 has. I like to be able to keep an eye on things if I'm browsing the guide... and it doesn't seem like I can do this with the replay. Am I missing something?

Also... I had planned on using cable for my local chans (gives me a discount on my cable internet... and will alow me to use a winTV card on the pc to watch tv from the den)... and I've read that replay can handel both the sat and cable inputs and change the channel according (e.g. i have to map the chans to a source?). is this correct?

Thanks for the info!

there is a user on this site (dfergie) that uses replay tv and should be able to answer all your questions once he sees this post.

More than one of us...korsjs... :) thanks but I tend to be more vocal.... and Jkeats I don't have cable, but it should as it will map your local off air as well as Sat...If not there is W.I.R.N.s ... I have 2 5xxx and 1 55xx models use with both D* and E* sat receivers... as for guide I use whichever is handiest , with my 6000 and its sloooooow 2 day guide, no -contest replay and 9 plus guide wins , with my D* receiver pip Replay still better and faster and with my 921 pip wins but if I have a question about a future program, I check them both... most of the time the guide info is identical. for more info check out www.planetreplay.com another good site Is I8ers... my net is slow so I cant add url now... but if you have one Replay , 2 is better... check out the poopli site www.poopli.com

JKeats said:
Mine just came in and I'm currious... do you use the ReplayTV guide for surfing, or your Dish guide.

I'm a bit chan surfer... and the ReplayTV guide doesn't have the picture-in-picture thing that my 301 has. I like to be able to keep an eye on things if I'm browsing the guide... and it doesn't seem like I can do this with the replay. Am I missing something?

Also... I had planned on using cable for my local chans (gives me a discount on my cable internet... and will alow me to use a winTV card on the pc to watch tv from the den)... and I've read that replay can handel both the sat and cable inputs and change the channel according (e.g. i have to map the chans to a source?). is this correct?

Thanks for the info!

We use a ReplayTV with one of my four receivers. Yes, we use the ReplayTV guide as it provides all the Replay functionality and is faster than the E* guide. If you try using the E* guide you experience a 6 second delay between button pushes as it is running through the ReplayTV.

I also have a replaytv connected to an 811 receiver. I only use my Replaytv guide when I am either setting to record or watching a recorded show. I like the 811's guide better, and the 811 is closer to a 1080i or 720p picture, while the Replaytv only sends an upconverted 480p picture to the tv. I would rather watch what is meant to be 720p or 1080i from the 811. It looks better most of the time.

I have a 50** replaytv that I use with my 6000 and basic cable. I use the ReplayTv guide for SD content but the 6000 for HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)