THose who CANNOT get cable, which are you choosing--D*, E* or Starchoice?

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
I am unlucky enough not to be able to get cable and the more I study D* and E* the more confusing about the local channels in HD (not OTA).

I have heard a different answer from every phone call I make--DNS, waivers, etc, etc.

The ONLY assurance I have NOW to get networks in HD is to go with StarChoice.

But I realize that the future for both D and E will include Local networks in HD, but that will mean a DIFFERENT STB.

For Direct, after having paid $50-$100 for a box, it will be obsolete when they go to the Local Channels in HD, as their website even admits I will need a different STB and dish and they will not commit as to who will pay for that.

ON TOP of that, Direct will have to charge me $7/month extra for the warranty on the equipment, as the $299 equipment comes with ONLY a 30 day warranty!

DISH--not the choice of SD programming I want, but the HD box is free and covered under warranty IF I commit to a year contract. IF I don't, I pay $5 or $6/month for warranty service.

What do I do? I feel like doing nothing--either way is a Devil Dish Hellish experience I really don't look forward to.

StarCHoice--I just don't know how the DSR500 is warrantied????

I realize, not only did VOOM have the great HD, content, delivery, but the equipment rental and quality (Motorola) seemed better.

I really blame Installers, Inc subcontractors for the low sub rate for VOOM. They were determined to undermine it, sabbotage it, etc and they seem to have succeeded.

bookwalk said:
I am unlucky enough not to be able to get cable and the more I study D* and E* the more confusing about the local channels in HD (not OTA).

I have heard a different answer from every phone call I make--DNS, waivers, etc, etc.

The ONLY assurance I have NOW to get networks in HD is to go with StarChoice.

Starchoice has U.S. networks? Any superstations or ability to get local feeds HD through their receiver?

-k

I am looking but not making a decision until after May 1. There are 40,000 of us and we ought to be able to make a good deal wilth these scavengers. After all you have to commit for a year.

What now with Voom gone?

As a family we have decided to take full advantage of the fine upgraded OTA antenna that Voom provided.

WE have an "all you can rent deal" with Hollywood Video, so we'll watch only what we are willing to get off our asses for.

Maybe we spend more time on other things. . .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)